People looking for jobs

Hello! We have another position going! It’s for a mid level full stack dev and the job info-y type stuff is on our website. www.equalcare.coop. Do have a look-see, reply with any questions at all or just say hi :relaxed:

2 Likes

Keywords: big-data, machine learning engineer, junior-level, full-time, NYC.

Hello, I’m a junior data engineer based in NYC looking for employment in the non-corporate sector of the tech world. I was referred here by Kayleigh Walsh at Outlandish co-op, which I just emailed last week. My interest is in leveraging machine learning/big-data analytics to modernize social services, environmental protection, non-profit digital processes, “zebra” startups, whatever. If you or someone you know needs my skills or is ready to bring on somebody fresh and mold to their needs don’t hesitate to get (them) in contact with me

via email: jarod.beardsley@gmail.com

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m Sam. I’ve recently gotten really interested in coop working. The idea of collective working and ethical awareness seems like a really important remedy to the uncompromisingly profit driven tech industry. After becoming a bit disillusioned with the tech world I’ve come here to look for conscientious work that centres community and ethics above profit.

I’m a data scientist with 3 years experience. Most of my experience is in machine learning and data analysis, with a focus on the Python ecosystem. I have experience in:

• Python programming
  • Data manipulation and wrangling
  • Data visualisation and communication
  • Machine learning
  • Computer vision

You can find my full CV here: https://github.com/handcrushedbyamallet/CV/blob/main/CV.pdf

and can contact me at: sambconsidine@gmail.com

I’m based in London and am happy to work both remotely and not. Please feel free to get in touch!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey people!

I’m James, a soon to-to-be finished computer networks and cybersecurity student living in Newcastle Upon Tyne, that has a year of experience working in a very much not worker-owned business as an IT Risk Analyst. If you came along to the Winter Gathering 2019 at the Star and Shadow cinema in Newcastle then you have probably already met me, as I was invited along by some friends over at Code-Operative.

I was interested in working in a worker cooperative long before I did my year-long placement in IT-Risk, but having first-hand experience of modern office life in a large, toxically hierarchical organisation has certainly pushed me more towards thinking of worker-owned ethical cooperatives as the way forward. I found having no control over the work I was doing, and feeling that said work was anything but meaningful, to be rather soul-crushing. I’m sure many of you would agree!

Above I mentioned Star and Shadow, a cooperative that is part of the Social Centre Network, that I have volunteered at coming up four years now, and have more recently taken on keyholder and steward responsibilities for. So I do have some experience of working in cooperatives, albeit not a tech orientated one. If you used the network at Star and Shadow during the Co-Tech gathering (whether that be the Wi-Fi, in-wall Ethernet, or buying something from the café) then you can (mostly :sweat_smile: ) thank me for that!

I’m a long time member of the IWW, and have spent time working in a number of horizontal community-based projects.

I’m currently doing my dissertation as a comparison piece between virtualisation and containerisation for use in computer network infrastructure. For containerisation I’m using Docker, which I’ve noticed a number of the Co-ops here at Co-Tech use.

So a bit about my technical skills:

• Routing and Switching skills: primarily using Cisco routers and switches. I have CCNA qualifications Level one to three and have intricate knowledge of various Routing protocols (MPLS, RIPv2, OSPF, GRE, PPP, etc).

• Operating Systems knowledge for computer networking: Mostly LAMP infrastructure, though I have done some work on Windows Server.

• WordPress: I have done work on a number of WordPress websites for a whole array of personal projects, and for friends. I have also done WordPress hardening as part of a project for university.

• Programming ability of varying levels in: C, PHP, HTML, CSS, Bash, SQL, Javascript.

• IT Risk knowledge: I have done work through a ISO-27001 continual-assessment audit, and have done work to maintain an ISMS.

• Cybersecurity knowledge, practical and informational.

• Digital Forensics knowledge: I have found this to help me a lot when participating in SIRT meetings, or mitigating security risks in the past.

• Basic Penetration Testing with Kali.

• Hands-on experience with DLP solutions, such as Mimecast and Forcepoint and McAfee (yes, I know, awful).

I’m most interested in working in Computer Networks, or in Cyber-Security Training (teaching normal people about cybersecurity was one of the areas that I actually really enjoyed at my last job!). I am however, totally open to most areas in Tech. I’m a quick learner, and I enjoy picking up new skills, so if you think I just sound friendly, or a good fit to your current cooperative’s mission, ethics, goals, etc, etc, then feel free to drop me a line! james.poxon@protonmail.com

I hope you are all looking after yourselves during the Covid pandemic, and thanks for reading.

Solidarity and love,

James

2 Likes

@Jamster I thought the Star and Shadow was a great venue for the CoTech gathering and hope we can all meet there again someday! Have you tried contacting Secure Active? They are probably the CoTech member who has the biggest overlap with your interests.

1 Like

Hi James, I could do a short call about current opportunities at Code-Operative on Monday if you’re interested?

1 Like

Hi Chris, I haven’t but I will contact them now. Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Hey John, I’d be more than happy to have a discussion on Monday. Feel free to email me or message me on here so we can arrange a time!

1 Like

Hello,

I’m Matt, a self-taught developer, engineer, digital marketer. I have a lot of experience working remotely. I am interested in working with Coops in the UK because I recently moved to Europe and the UK has a good scene when it comes to Coops.

I am interested in working in cooperatives because I value putting people over specific business output and value work-life balance, keeping the health of people in mind over profit and from what I can tell community driven businesses are better when it comes to creating innovative products as user input as well as the input of employees is valued higher.

I am well versed in everything to do with Front End Development and I have experience with Full Stack Development as well with both websites apps using modern development stacks. I also have a background in digital marketing and a lot of experience in social media marketing from my own companies that I started and I’ve worked in agency, start up and corporate environments.

Some of my hobbies, interests include Programming, Chess, Music, Reading, Art, Philosophy, Neuroscience, Science, Psychology, Cybersecurity, UI/UX, Product Development, Fitness, Nutrition, Self Learning, Personal Development, Entrepreneurship and I also enjoy improving people skills.

My LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/mattliveshere
Portfolio site: https://mattshaverwebcreator.com

Thank you,
Matt

Hi, I’m Gergo from Milton Keynes. I’d be interested in joining an IT coop or being a cofounder, cto. I’ve got 20 years of experience with backend development, integration, system design, security, devops, data engineering and frontend development. Techs: java, python, aws, gcp, azure mainly but I worked w/ Drupal and Wordpress in the past as well.

2 Likes

I am here because I really want to work with a UK cooperative and I enjoy tech and people. But mostly people. People are nice. I woul like to coop with them!

Here is a short bio:

Andres has 10 years experience in UK’s National Physical Laboratory where he co-authored 11 scientific articles as well as managed several facilities. An active member of the diversity task force where he spearheaded the LGBT+ strategy.

He ran his own Community Interest Company for engineering consultancy promoting open source and hardware solutions and placemaking of community facilities such as makerspaces (c4ad.eu).

Currently Andres manages the largest UK Makerspace (Everyone’s Warehouse) and eight other high street locations for community use as part of the Participatory City Foundation.

Andres is CEng in UK and in Spain and has a Master’s in Industrial engineering.

Skills are: some python scripting, Linux administration including static page web hosting, CAD, CAM, understanding machinery and workshop tools similar to CNC mills, laser cutters, industrial sewing machines, overlocker, food safety supervision, vacuum systems, basic bee keeping, among others.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andresmp/

1 Like

hi! I moved recently to London, I am a graphic/ web designer working as a freelancer and lecturing part time. I also have a background in dance, which has led me to explore the intersections of design and coding practices with choreographic thinking, embodiment and new movement perception possibilities.
Another aspect of my practice is that I privilege the use of free-libre open source and techno-feminist understandings of our tools and modes of working. I have been developing work across multiple media: websites and online platforms, to printed books and publications, performative events and space design. Here is my portfolio: and https://joanachicau.com/ CV https://www.joanachicau.com/joana_chicau_cv.pdf — would be great to hear of initiatives and opportunities to connect with the community! Take care, Joana

3 Likes

:wave: Welcome @seth @znurgl @amunizp @Joana

2 Likes

Hi all! Just joined and wanted to introduce myself!

I’m Jay, I work at FreeTech Project in Sheffield, England – we run community workshops on tech for predominantly older people, with an emphasis on free and open source software. We’ve been running for about ten years now as a non-profit but are in the stages of trying to become a cooperative.

We work with all kinds of people on a freelance basis for now and are often on the lookout for facilitators, web designers, etc. We’re also keen to collaborate beyond South Yorkshire!

6 Likes

Hi @JayFTP thanks for getting involved in the CoTech community forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

I DK Venkatesh Babu want to join and work in your Coop. Please let me know the details. Salary and Job position is negotiable as I am new to Worker Coops Ecosystem. I can also work remotely and start immedeatly. We can have calls(Zoom/Skype) to discuss on this and I am having 28 years of IT experience.

I am looking for long term association and want to utilize my 28 years of IT experience(Mostly Technical). But I am not coding from past 5 years. I was doing end to end product development in my own startup so I can Manage any kind of Technology related delivery.

I can also start working Part time till I get used to Coop environment.

From past 10 years I am working on Latest technologies in Web, IOT, Data analytics, Mobile including Hyperautomation platforms(Low code/No code).

My Skypeid is dkvbabu, emailid is dkvbabu@hotmail.com and contact/Whatsapp no is 00917406998097.

We can discuss further to take this forward.

Continuing on from my introduction post, I am open to backend web development work with Ruby/Rails, Django and Flask.

In terms of frontend work, I am open to working with Svelte, htmx and the Hotwire stacks. I believe deeply in sustainable software development both in terms of how software is delivered as well as the tooling used in that process.

I am open to part time work as well as a full time work with a 4 day work week; I can work fully remotely with occasional travel to meet team members/clients etc.

Detailed resume here

1 Like

Following on from my Introduction post

My current company works part time which has been great as we have a new baby at home.

However I am now looking to resume working full time, either filling my remaining time or to find a new full time post.

I’m open to anything but especially posts involving JavaScript, TypeScript or Ruby.

I have experience with test driven development, front end frameworks, SQL, NoSQL and GraphQL databases, APIs and hosting.

My GitHub is here, including a detailed CV.

Please get in touch if you are looking for someone with my skills!

Many thanks.

1 Like