People looking for jobs

Nope, just an internal thing for now I’m afraid.

We have a vacancy for a short-term contract:

Please visit:

Join us: Unity programmer

Howdy there.

I am a pretty ambition student finishing his Web Design and Development degree next year. Most of my degree has been focusing on UX Design and front end development. I always seen myself more of a jack of all trades rather than focused on one sector.

Currently working on some ideas inspired by Matt Crow from Outlandish, about half a year ago he came to our University to talk about how coops.tech is creating this awesome network for cooperatives. One thing that caught my attention was how he described Cooperatives as a “conscious business” to put part of profits aside to create something socially and environmentally benefiting.

But an idea doesn’t exactly pay for the living expenses. Currently i am searching for a summer trainee position in Finland :finland: but completely possible to work online. If opportunity shines, i will likely stay in UK :uk: after studies.

Some of my recent portfolio worthy highlights can be found on my website. http://rainerleit.eu :relaxed:

PS: Discourse looks alot like a modern forum should look like. Back in the day i used to drool over Vbulletin and IP.Boards but over the years i have forgotten forums even existed. Have come across discourse now on coda.io and here, and it definitely will bring me back to forums.

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I’m a senior full stack engineer with a front end focus looking for a remote job.

I’m interested in working for a coop because I like the egalitarian nature and the idea of cooperating on meaningful work rather than just being a cog in a corporate machine.

I have 8 years of experience building apps. I’ve worked with PHP, Ruby, Python and JavaScript which is my strongest language. I’m also very experienced with React/Redux, Node, HTML/CSS, MySQL, GraphQL, Webpack, Bash, etc. My resume is available at https://github.com/localjo/resume and a list of some of the public projects I’ve worked on is on my portfolio: https://josiahsprague.com

If any of the coops here are hiring remote, I’d love to work together.

Hello,

I have been a member of a few worker coops; Ecobee (which was absorbed into Agile Collective), 3 Mules (a web development and marketing coop) and I have an unpaid advisory role at Red Coop, which designs and implements retrofit solutions.

(Most links in this post are tweaked due to posting restrictions for a new user.)

I have started to leave programming in order to build a business as a life coach and to train as a psychotherapist. I think it will take me a year or more to build my life-coaching business to the point at which it can sustain me. In the meantime I am looking for 2 days per week of tech work in order to keep body and soul together.

My work over the last decade:

• At Ecobee and 3 Mules I mostly built Drupal 6 & 7 websites.
  • I built the Retrofit Pattern Book in PHP, Silex, MySQL
  • and a web app called Thnku (not an active site) in Ruby, Sinatra, MySQL, for a university researcher
  • I also built the Poverty Monitor for Greater Manchester Poverty Action, mostly by gluing together various JS libraries with data stored in Google sheets and CartoDB. It’s a mini-site within the larger wordpress site. I wrote a little static site generator in Ruby to make the development easier.
  • The last few years I spent writing a couple of http servers in Go and MongoDB. They formed a community collaboration system. Under other circumstances I would have adapted or extended an existing system like Drupal Organic Groups or maybe Discourse, but a primary requirement was to have ad-hoc structured documents. The system allows people to add a field of any defined type to any individual document at creation or later editing. Document types are therefore conventions, not constraints.
  • My main skills are server-side but I have some HTML / CSS and copy-writing ability. Here is the static site for my life coaching business: http://justinhellings.uk/

I hope something here grabs your attention. I’m open to a wide range of work. Obviously, I would be very happy to answer any queries.

Hi @JustinHellings, sorry about the link restrictions, this is a Discourse default that we haven’t changed, I have fixed some links in your post, I love the patterns book, I wanted to do something like this 25 years ago when I was detailing buildings at Sheffield Council, using AutoCAD 12 on Solaris (and then 13 on NT 3.5, which was worse, but seemed like a good idea at the time) over 20 years ago…

Thanks for the edits @chris.

Sounds like you could swap AutoCAD war stories with Charlie at Red Coop :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! I’m Jared Hardy, founder of Data Roads Foundation, where we encourage all communities to build their own Local-Shares.Net co-ops for Internet access and renewable power, among other forms of community commons and assets sharing. We are also working on becoming a worker self-directed nonprofit (as defined by TheSELC.org).

I was thankfully directed here by Tom Llewellyn at Shareable.net. We were talking about the utter dearth of technology worker cooperatives in the United States, and none I know of are hiring remote workers. He thought this would be a good place to look around, and talk with other global tech co-ops about the benefits of remote teams.

I live in downtown Los Angeles, California, in support of my wife’s civil service work at the LAPL.org. We don’t plan on moving anytime soon, definitely nowhere near the SF Bay Area, and I haven’t found any tech co-ops here within a healthy commute distance. This is why I’m here looking for jobs with remote teams and potential partners online.

I’m yet another white man in tech, so I’m preferably looking for more diverse partners to cofound a remote tech worker co-op and crowd-gathering platform, with the core mission of creating and supporting ever more remote tech worker co-ops in Open Source, as well as supporting tech co-op diversity via blind-hiring and pseudonymous contribution tracking tools. I have been a product and IT leader at video game and online service developers, I can program in most languages and target every major OS (including game console BSD forks), but I’m preferentially targeting all my new projects at Rust -> LLVM -> Emscripten and native platform-independent pipelines (with some web app prototyping in Python) on the Peer Production License by the P2Pfoundation.net.

Hi Everyone,
It is a pleasure to bump into a Tech Community that shares the same values and aspirations about Technology and Social Change as me through my existing ICT4D meetup network when I recently move to London. While I am pretty new for the Tech Coop, after following few meetups at Space4, I am extremely loving it.

My background is primarily in ICTs for International Development both in practice and training (MSc ICTs for Development, PGD in Computer Science and over 10 years of experience in various areas). In addition, I was trained and worked as a Trainer/Teacher for about 5 years.

I am versatile and my experience, education and skills sets are very diverse ( biased to Web/Software development and System Analyst/Support).

Currently I am looking forward to join an enthusiastic and friendly team with a strong ambition and resilience to grow, develop and at the same time to bring impact on Tech for Good.

Here is my LinkedIn Profile page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yidnekachew-redda-haile-b5210417/
My email: yidnekr@yahoo.com

I am happy to hear from or tell more to anyone interested.

Thank you.