CoTech Space4 gathering 29-30th November 2018

Hey everyone,

Please could you confirm your attendance by signing up here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cotech-hack-2018-tickets-52098573235

Thanks.

I think there is an error in the URL above, this URL works for me:

That’s weird. Thanks @chris for posting the correct one. I’ve updated in the first post on this thread too.

@polly I think that sounds like good approach to making decisions that are blocking us during the gathering. It’ll also be a good opportunity for teams to share their progress.

I think if we have to make “member decisions” (new members, changes to the constitution, changes to the membership criteria) we should try and follow the process we agreed on last year (in the constitution) - or change the constitution in advance of the gathering!

Hi guys!

Sylvain from Happy Dev & Startin’blox here! I’m very excited to join you for your hack.

Happy Dev is a French network very similar to CoTech and we’re looking forward to discussing with you how we can join forces to conquer the world together! We’re going to have a session during the hack. I think we’re working on the same issues and we’ll present you the solutions that we think solve them.

See you then!

Hey so I’m trying to timetable the shorter sessions (discussions, mini-workshops). If we are kicking off at 10am, I imagine the morning of the first day will be taken up by getting settled, getting the hacks set up, and then most people will break for lunch. So I’d suggest not running any of these in the first morning. And we’re breaking at 5 each day for decision-making.

So I would suggest that the mini session slots are:
Thursday
2-3
3-4
4-5 (this one would need to finish promptly, assuming participants want to be in decisions)

Friday
10-11
11-12
12-1
LUNCH
2-3
3-4
4-5 (again, finish promptly)

Most people I’ve spoken to have suggested an hour is about right. But if you think your session needs more, I’d suggest either blocking out 2 hours, or else, you could always move to a separate room if the conversation is so heated that you want to continue (you may even decide you want to turn it into a hack that you continue with throughout the rest of the event).

If you’re running a session could you let me know which slot(s) you’d like? @chris @sylvain @shaun @liam I know you’re all getting involved in sessions, I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten too!

People who think spontaneously of sessions they’d like to run during the event can fill in any blanks.

If you can think of a better way of doing this, please chip in now!!

Thanks!

CoTech Gathering 2018: Shared Hosting and Infrastructure

Thanks Polly! We haven’t taken our train tickets yet so I’d rather take them before confirming a slot.

It’s in our top priorities so I’ll let you know real soon!

Hello Polly,

We have the tickets! I suggest we take the Thursday slot from 2 to 3, if that sounds good to you.

Cheers!

@KingMob are you coming to this event?

Happy Dev will be there and I’m planning to convene a hack team on what the “CoTech as a service” site would look like. E.g. “type what you need in this box to search out database of 372 technologists” - which is, I believe, what you and happy dev both have in mind.