CoTech Community Call: January 25th, 3:00pm

Thanks for getting this going @laura, sorry for being slow to reply to the Doodle - definitely up for it, though!

1 Like

Thanks for starting to organise this, @laura. I’ve just filled in the poll.

Cheers, Chris

1 Like

Okey Dokey - we have 15 people who say they can make a call on JANUARY 25th at 3:00pm. Here’s a calendar event (hope it works :wink:

Next step, please jump into the etherpad and write down what you think we should talk about. Just write it all down, and I’ll make some sense of it and make a proper agenda for the call:

http://pads.weareopen.coop:9001/p/cotech-community-call

See you on the 25th!

1 Like

@decentral1se I’m liking jitsi! Let’s use it.

Our call will be here:

https://meet.jit.si/CoTech-Call

Morning @laura,

The calendar event doesn’t seem to work for me. It appears to try to open Google Calendar but doesn’t actually do anything.

I don’t think this is a particularly big deal given that we have all the details (date, time and links to Jitsi and the meeting notes) but I thought I’d mention it in case other people are running into this problem too.

Cheers, Chris

Argh, something important has come up and I can’t make it. Apologies folks. Please take notes if possible!

And me too! Sorry, I was looking forward to this. Also, interested in notes.

Yep, I should make it!

Sorry, I can’t make it either :frowning: sudden critical security updates to apply…

Sorry I didn’t make it, we’re in the whirlpool… Hope it went well!

Great chatting with you guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never used Jitsi so I thought I would be able to observe and then
perhaps next time join in.

Failed to access your camera …

Screen sharing extension failed to install …

Words disappear off bottom of screen - re-sizing screen doesn’t help…

Live Streaming - “Where do I find this?” leads to help page:

which says I need a Stream Name/key and to go to creator studio,
normally by logging into YouTube account. No way, I’m not using
anything of Google’s…perhaps I’m just making it too complicated.

I’m looking at a mostly black screen with pics of participants down the
side (RoyAB, Chris Lowis, Dan, Fabian, etc.) … and occasional weird
sounds.

Clearly there is a learning curve to this, and I’m at the bottom of it.

Did the conversation go ahead please?

Jonathan
Webarchitects

Hello everyone!

Thanks to those who joined our first CoTech Community call just now. For those of you who couldn’t make it, have no fear. If you want to read these notes and think you’ll be able to parse them, you are welcome to do so. However, if you’d rather wait for my witty reportage, I will write a quick post that summarizes the call and explains the notes. <3

In CoTech we trust, we shall not be afraid!

1 Like

Hey Laura, thanks for that. Please do that and hopefully we’ll get the
newsletter moving (from another thread, can’t link it here, computer
says no while on the bus) and include this for sure.

A few other folks, myself included, had the same issue in Firefox. Switching to Chrome helped (this is on OS X).

Thanks @laura! I’ve done the two actions assigned to me. I made contact with Luke and started a proposal on Loomio based on everyone’s helpful input to try and move the constitution discussion on a bit.

Thanks for organising the call!

Sounds like the call was a great success :slight_smile:.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Could someone post the notes from the pad to the wiki so they are easy to find in the future?
  2. We have discussed having a blog / news section on www.coops.tech in the past — could we set that up and use a WordPress plugin to send the newsletter out? I have installed Email Subscribers & Newsletters for a couple of clients and it does the job well enough.

Sorry I wasn’t with you (not feeling well), sounds like it was great and thanks @dansmallaxe for doing the identity circle report. See you next time.

Heyo! Check this new thread for a link to a post about the call and a doodle: CoTech Community Call