Co-Tech Glasgow 2022

Hooray! Thank you @MelMcNab that’s exciting. So far we have at least 1 more from Outlandish (Natasha, who just joined the team recently so this will be her first intro to CoTech). Abi and Mateus are maybes for the time being, I’m hoping to have that firmed up by the end of this week.

1 Like

Hey Mel, I am hoping to come, is there space in the house for me? :slight_smile:

1 Like

yaay @MelMcNab thanks soooo much! We look forward to hanging out, @Eszter and I

Good news on the funding front in Glasgow: Glasgow City Council has awarded us £1,395. It’s specifically for hosting the open session on the first afternoon for local freelancer devs and designers etc to come and find out more about worker co-ops. It’s branded as Boss or Bossed?

Here’s the sign up link so please share with any digital networks you are part of and which cover Scotland: Short link is here: Boss or Bossed? Tickets, Thu 10 Nov 2022 at 14:30 | Eventbrite
Full Eventbrite link is here: Boss or Bossed? Tickets, Thu 10 Nov 2022 at 14:30 | Eventbrite

3 Likes

Brilliant you’re coming Steve!

Hope you can definitely come - & it’d be great to welcome more of you in Glasgow - I’m thinking of the impressive Autonomic turnout at the Worker Co-op week-end this year !

Hi - it’s a shout out to the team from Glasgow for some help with promo / social media posting.

We’re holding an ‘Open Session’ on the first afternoon of Co-Tech Glasgow: ‘Boss or Bossed?’.
Developers, designers, people working in tech and digital in Scotland are invited to come and meet us - real live worker co-ops in tech and digital - and find out about the wonders of being in a worker co-op, how to start one up, join one … or just find out more.

Can you please share the oven-ready social media posts in the Comms Pack - attached below in the PDF? Twitter, Facebook, Insta are all there to cut and paste with links to correctly sized visuals.
Comms Pack v5 __24Oct22.pdf (1.3 MB)

Hoping we’ll create a bit of a buzz around it and get a good crowd.

Thanks for your help and solidarity with this.

(and if you’re coming to Co-Tech Glasgow and haven’t yet registered, you can sign up here: Co-Tech - Glasgow Autumn Gathering Tickets, Thu 10 Nov 2022 at 09:30 | Eventbrite)

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ll be sending out an UnFound newsletter later this week. It’s Co-operatives UK’s newsletter that focuses on topics relevant to people interested in Tech & Co-ops.

Would you like me to mention the gathering? Or share a link to the public-facing events? If so could you send me a short paragraph for it by end-of-day tomorrow (Thursday)?

If anyone wants to subscribe, you can via this link: Sign up for updates about platform co-ops | Co-operatives UK

Always happy to use the newsletter to promote the activities of Co-Tech members, so just get in touch if you have anything you want me to share in the future. It goes out more or less every 1-2 months.

Really sorry I can’t make this gathering either…sounds like it’s going to be a great event!

Vica

2 Likes

That sounds great, @Louise and @Tucker would be the best ones to ask for some text.

Cool. @Louise and @Tucker just send me a small paragraph to ludovica.rogers@uk.coop

Hi Chris, I’ll send you the Comms Pack so you can copy stuff out about it - thanks tht would be great.

Hey we’re struggling to work things out as there is now a train strike on Wednesday whe we were planning on travelling!! There are a few trains on Thursday but we’d miss the morning.

Does anyone who is coming from the south (or indeed anywhere by train!) have any clever ideas? We are looking into driving also.

Polly

1 Like

I’m planning on driving from Sheffield on the Wednesday morning, picking up @liam and perhaps @athertonjohn on the way, there are 7 seats in total so there is potentially room for others, could you travel to Sheffield on Tuesday night?

2 Likes

2 Animorphs will arrive to Glasgow about midday on Wednesday, any recommendations for sitting down with a laptop? We are very excited!

1 Like

Thanks Chris - I have resolved it. Going to take the overnight train on Tuesday, and spend the whole day in Glasgow. Thanks for the offer though!

1 Like

Would anyone be interested in working on the website with me during the gathering? I have spent some time on it the last couple of sessions and really keen to actually make some changes this time round!!

Yes, but probably only on the Friday as I’m planning on running a Ansible workshop on the Thursday afternoon, see the agenda.

Cool. I’ve added some slots for people to work on the website. I’ll be trying to dedicate my time to that when I’m not in other sessions.

I am hoping to have a call with @Ben to catch up on where we got to last time, so we’re not starting from scratch. It would be great if people could come with ideas and inspiration to hit the ground running. If anyone wants to have a call in advance to get up to speed let me know.

1 Like

I think @maria and I are going to find a place to have a welcome dinner on the Wednesday night. Probably a curry as they are legendary in Glasgow. Who would like to join?

1 Like

Sound like a good plan, I’d be on for a curry, depending on what time myself and @liam get to Glasgow.