Co-Tech Glasgow 2022

Thanks Chris for posting - & thanks to Chris Lowis & Polly with ticketing.

1 Like

It would be good to know how many people need accomodation? & whereabouts in Glasgow would be a good area to look? :slight_smile:

Right now I think there’s 2 from Animorph, 5 from Code-op… would anyone else like to be under the same roof?

1 Like

Thanks @MelMcNab I’m going to give @liam a lift and the two of us would be on for sharing a place with you guys, Liam would need level access and if there is a car parking spot close by that would be handy (but not essential, I could drop him off and then park elsewhere).

Hey everyone,

Really looking forward to seeing you in Glasgow in November. Woohoo! I know that a few Outlandish folks are up for it too. I’ve added it to our members agenda next week to get a final steer on numbers, and then we’ll buy our tickets and book a place to stay etc.

@MelMcNab I would like to be under the same roof. What’s the plan?

This place is ugly as sin but it’s cheap and sleeps 10: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/26861674

Otherwise this place sleeps 14 and is a bit nicer (plus more beds so less sharing):

They’re both pretty central (not that my Glasgow geography is up to much!).

Probably I could book something and get people to pay Outlandish back - ideally all committing to share the risk if we don’t fill all the slots in the place.

Polly

1 Like

@Louise The Google Doc is private so I can’t edit it to add in the session I’d like to run.

Could you make it editable if that is your preference for managing the programme? Otherwise, just setting up the schedule on the wiki directly might be a good option. That’s what we’ve done in the past (e.g. Autumn Gathering 2021 - CoTech)

1 Like

I’d also rather see the program on the wiki page for the event so we can all have access to it if possible.

Hi - my apologies re the programme: I’ve updated the setting now on Google Docs so the page is now editable. I was having trouble editing it on the Wiki esp the table formatting so I moved it to Google Docs to save time. But feel free to move it over, let me know, and I’ll update the link on EventBrite.

If you get the NextBike app you can use the city bikes pretty cheaply and that would be good to get from Ibrox over the river to Civic House (bring waterproofs!). Driving is a nightmare, do not attempt.

Or there’s an underground too (Ibrox / Cowcaddens).

If anyone is looking at areas, Garnethill is close and quite nice; or Maryhill would be reasonably handy, no need to cross the river and come up through town.

We at Code-op are happy to absorb the accomodation costs, we have 6 members in need of accomodation - I’d seen the first one you sent but great find on the second one! I think we’ll probably book that one from the 9th-11th (check-in wednesday, check-out friday)

It sleeps 14, and for those who aren’t comfortable sharing there’s space for airbeds if necessary… plus two sofas in the lounge. There’s also free parking on site/street.

So far I have 6 from Code-op, 2 Animorph, 2 Web arch & yourself Polly (with space for more Outlandish folk if needed)

If there’s no objections I’ll go ahead and book that so it’s all sorted :blush:

It’s not the most centre place, I wanna say about an hours walk from the train station… but the subway service is close to the accomodation so about 20ish minutes ride on that.

1 Like

Sorry that you have had problems with MediaWiki, I have copied the timetable over for you, if you use the MediaWiki VisualEditor (which is the default when you click the edit button) you can copy and paste in formatted tables – all I have done is copy and past the Google doc into the MediaWiki page.

Generally it is easier to use the VisualEditor for editing MediaWiki tables but if you need to edit the source the table formatting documentation is here.

Have you got a link to the listing? Happy to share but need something ground floor and ideally close to the venue

Hi everyone - update from over the border.

It’s going really well up here. The sun is out.

And … there is MASSIVE interest in the tech sector from the various agencies about in Co-Tech and the potential that worker co-ops offer the tech and digital sectors for ‘community wealth building’ and the entire digital / tech ecosystem up here. Glasgow Digital, Coop Dev Scotland, Scottish Govt Digital team; and others… they’re keen as mustard to find out more.

Our meet up is a massive opportunity to promote worker coops to the folk who can really support worker coop start ups in Scotland and existing organisations to convert to coops - and to build our worker coop and coop tech sector network.

I’ll post on here shortly about the open event (‘Boss or Bossed?’) on the first afternoon, which all of the above are going to ‘amplify’ on social media for us but meantime, two requests from the media co-op team:

It would be really great to have as strong a turnout as possible in Glasgow, so could anyone who is definitely intending to come please register so we have a clear idea of numbers - I need to finalise catering for the event a fortnight beforehand.

Could everyone reading this thread please contact at least one other Co-Tech member they know (or would like to know :wink: )and encourage them to register - preferably on the solidarity ticket?

It’s going to be good!

Many thanks / Mòran taing.

3 Likes

Is anyone coming from Autonomic?

My ticket is booked! Really pleased to have managed to align the stars :slight_smile:
Looking forward to seeing y’all there.

2 Likes

Just confirming that I can probably make it from Autonomic. I might be the only one though.

1 Like

Just booking that accomodation now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Accomodation is all booked :slight_smile: If anyone other than those who said aye above, please let me know if you need a space

The aye’s I have are
@calummackervoy @MelMcNab @KingMob @NickS & 2 more from code-op, aswell as @SzczepanOfAnimorph & a fellow animorpher, @chris @liam & @polly

4 Likes

Yay :grin: looking forward to it, thanks @MelMcNab

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Glasgow next month! :smile:

It would be great if anyone planning on coming could register on the eventbrite link (below). Just so that we can get an idea for numbers etc.