Terms of Service for this site

I think e.g. part 18 of the TOS needs to change as it currently states:

Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court.

1 Like

Hey @jdaviescoates, yep, sounds good. I don’t think any group of people feel ownership of the TOS right now, even the moderation team (unlikely volunteers, unsure of scope, trying to help out where they can) and it might be cool to just go ahead and propose a change if you have time/energy. Otherwise, I guess it might stay the same. Just want to FYI that in case this is raised further down the line.

2 Likes

Thanks for flagging that up @jdaviescoates, I have done a quick edit to the Terms of Service I hope this is OK.

Screenshot_2020-12-08 Corporations and the AGPL

3 Likes

certainly better, thanks @chris!

1 Like