Tenders - opportunities

• We have a new member £1bn wholesaler with 24 employees, one office

• They have very antiquated IT infrastructure, can only check emails from desktop pc’s at work, still using self written! calendar system… sound straight out of the 90’s…

• Want to shift IT infrastructure to a modern footing. Your typical g-suite and office 365, accessible from any device, anywhere, etc.

• At this stage its an analysis of what they need and potential savings, and assuming there are, implementation. I reckon there is future work regarding other elements of the business and probably staff training and ongoing maintenance.

• So who with-in the cotech network should I warmly introduce them to?

1 Like

MediaBlaze Hosts would certainly be interested

Autonomic would be interested in teaming up with another co-op on this. We focus a lot on workflow/productivity.

If they specifically don’t want to use the corporate services of Microsoft Office 365 or Google G Suite for political, philosophical or economic reasons then we could provide and support an alternative based on Free software using server side applications such as Mailcow and Nextcloud either used exclusively via web interfaces or combined with client side applications such as Thunderbird, K-9, LibreOffice or a mixture of both.

1 Like

GreenNet would be interested too!
Like @chris we’re really keen on alternatives to the corporates, and offer similar Free OpenSource tools to Webarchitects,
We don’t tend to deal with hardware, so we’d perhaps be up for partnering with co-techers who could support that side of things, if that’s part of the project, @athertonjohn?

2 Likes

Pretty standard corporate to be honest so doubt they will be tempted away from the names. I got a direct email from Harry so passed the referral to him in the first instance.

1 Like

Hi all, I thought it would be useful to sit down with them and hear what they want, etc. - as John says it sounds fairly traditional. I’m meeting them on Friday at 12 in London. Let me know via email (harry@outlandish.com) if you want to come, otherwise I’ll contact people who’s expressed interest here and let them know what they’re looking for.

3 Likes

Hi All,

I hope everyone is well. Not a tender, but an update (hope that’s OK to post here). I heard back from Co-op Group procurement team. It sounds like we got lost a little bit in a backlog, but they’re looking to progress and put us in touch with their Digital team. So, nothing solid yet, but a positive they’re still thinking about us and there’s potential to use us.

3 Likes

hey @Cweb-Nick thanks for the update… hopefully something will come of it and pay off your investment in time . Keep us posted!

2 Likes

Hey we’ve received a brief from Open Rights Org for a small website to sell tickets for a big conference they do. It’s a tiny budget (3k including design), and an ultra sort turn around (they want it launched March 1st, but I imagine will need to be flexible on that!). Anyway, if anyone is interested get in touch.

Heres’ the email, and brief attached.

Dear Outlandish team

I am Martha, COO of the human rights online NGO Open Rights Group. We work on issues relating to mass surveillance, free expression online and privacy online.

We run an annual event / conference for around 600 people. The event this year is taking place in July, we have a small budget of £3k for the design and build of a simple website to promote the event and sell tickets. I have attached a document which provides more detail about what we are looking for.

We have a short deadline and a small budget so we are looking for someone to help us do this in the simplest way possible. Could you let me know if you might be able to help with the attached?

I am travelling for work this week but can fit In a call to discuss should that be needed. We are looking to have this completed by the end of next week.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Martha Dark
Chief Operating Officer
ORGCon website request for proposals.pdf (46.5 KB)

2 Likes

hah, they want responses before the proposal was released! (I should so get some proof-reading work! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Just saw this:

In case this is of interest to anyone:

https://ce0309li.webitrent.com/ce0309li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=7888131FFg&WVID=4121641WJu&LANG=USA

1 Like

Only a few days left for this:

Programme Manager | New Co-operative Ventures
12 Months fixed term contract
35 Hours per week. Flexible working arrangements will be considered
c. £29,260 - £34,425 (DOE) + plus great benefits

Just cross-posting this here too for good measure:

Lots of good opportunities for tech folk get shared on this weekly “Public Service Internet” list too. See the most recent one as an example.

1 Like

Copy/ pasting from an email I was forwarded earlier:

Subject: [csr-chicks] Website developer required

Hi all,

We at Julie’s Bicycle: www.juliesbicycle.com are looking for a developer to redesign our website and transition to a Wordpress site. If you would be interested in helping us on a humble charity budget do let me know. Alternatively if you can recommend consultants who have worked on similar projects with limited funds I’d love to hear from you.

What will this involve?

Julie’s Bicycle have international programs, multiple project sites and are looking to move to a membership model. This would involve migrating our website plus integrating microsites, and restructuring architecture to improve UX. We want to rebuild our current site in a flexible, affordable CMS that we have control over. This is more of a refresh and repurposing our current site than a complete redesign.

• Work with us to scope the project and set objectives for the site
  • Install CMS, design, build and test new site
  • Ensure we have a fully-functioning new website available to launch and test from 30th May, as our old site is due to close on the 14th June
  • We are also looking to develop a relationship for ongoing support and maintenance (to be discussed)

Please get in touch if you would like a full RFP, and let me know your competitive rate for completion of project (bearing in mind we’re a small charity), along with providing an example of your previous work, and details of availability and when you’d be able to start work on this. My email is: ruby at juliesbicycle.com.

Our plan is to get started immediately, so please get in touch by COP Thursday 28th March if you’re interested. As soon as I hear from you I will then be able to send on full details.

All best,

Ruby