I’m currently organising a petition together with Finnish Kurdish organisations to HOK Elanto, a cooperative that is also the largest retailer in Finland.
Could CoTech organise a similar petition in the UK for the Co-op group and other coop retailers?
Here’s a potential to do list based on what I’m doing in Finland:
- Build a website for the campaign or start a petition using some of the petition website. The petition is for the retailer to look into whether they could buy goods from Rojava.
- Contact a list of organisations sympathetic to Kurdish cause
- Contact all the member elected representatives in the coop
- Start collecting signatures outside coop stores and in potentially sympathetic events (such as demonstrations and gatherings)
- Hand the petition to the co-op membership council and ask them to do a motion on it