Expedition to the UK :)

Hi everyone!

Last month we received in Buenos Aires the visit of @Kayleigh from Outlandish, and we talk about the idea of collaboration projects, inter-cooperative jobs, and a lot of things. We found that we have a lot of things in common, and also different realities.

From FACTTIC, we’re in touch with tech coops from Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico, Venezuela and USA, and we think that a global network of tech coops it’s a good idea.

To accomplish this, we think that nothing is better than meeting in person, that’s why we’re planning travel to UK in April’s last week.

@nicolasdimarco from Fiqus and I from Cambá want to know as many coops as possible, so… ¿who are available to meet with us? :smiley:

3 Likes

We are! Really looking forward to seeing you again.

To the rest of the CoTech crew, it was brilliant meeting Neto and @nicolasdimarco…also kind of strange because I thought I’d walked into a parallel universe. We’re very similar in lots of ways and I think there’s a lot we can learn from each other. Plus, they’re really nice to hang out with :smiley:

3 Likes

You will be here for Thursday 25th and Friday 26th April 2019? If so you will have to come to Sheffield to meet us all at the gathering that is planned :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

@Neto @nicolasdimarco I would be very happy to meet you if you come to London.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Yes, the idea would be to travel to London in the last two weeks of April.

To continue planning the trip we want to make sure you have time to share with us. We are willing to travel to other co-operatives that are not in London as well, so in the meantime we take the opportunity to get to know your country.

We are very happy with the idea of being able to travel to meet as many CoTech co-operatives as possible! So we look forward to hearing if you have time to spend with us :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

sounds great! I think we’ll be there!

2 Likes

So far we have London and Sheffield, is there any other coop that are interested in strengthening international links? It will be good to us to resolve this in the next days, so we can prepare our travel and organize our work in our cooperatives.

Also, we’ll appreciate info about accomodation and possibilities of couchsurfing or “coopsurfing” (if this exists :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Hi!

We have good news! We’ve decide to travel on April’s 15th (aprox), today we’ll get our tickets, so we’ll see you soon :smiley:

Thank you all for the welcome and we have to prepare this to be useful for everyone… let’s keep talking and thinking what activities we can do!

1 Like

Hey gang

So, we applied to Solidfund to subsidise some of the travel/accommodation/food for our Argentinian compadres (affectionately known as the Argies).

As part of the payment, Solidfund have asked for a write up of what we got from the Argies being here, so I’d like to ask you for a quick sentence or two in response to the questions below, feel free to riff/go into more detail than once sentence.

• What did you get from Fiqus and Cambá visiting your co-op?
  • Has the visit made a difference to your co-op in any way?
  • Do you think it’s important to receive international visits?

I’m going to @ those of you who I know the Argies visited/you had chats with @chris @jonathan @chrislowis @aaron @dajbelshaw @kawaiipunk @liam and if I’ve missed anyone, please tag them too.

Lots of love
X

3 Likes

Thanks @Kayleigh, I thought it was great having them across and would point to:

1. Inspiration - the way they collaborate is something we can aspire to with CoTech
  2. Solidarity - we’ve now got people to reach out to / work with in South America
  3. Practicalities - I learned a lot about cultural differences amongst co-op’s in different countries!
3 Likes

Hi @Kayleigh I do think that international visits are important for international solidarity, spending time with people in person is qualitatively different from online meetings.

I really hope that some CoTech people take up the invitation to visit FACTTIC co-ops:

It is probably too soon to say what effect the trip will have had, it would be great if we end up working on some projects together.

2 Likes