East London: Perl, Python and Maps

I live in Newham, semi retired after about 40 years, ex BBC contractor and many others including a decade in Brussels. I’m currently doing a second version of mutual social credit software that i (we) started in 2005: Cclite2.

That gives a quick flavour, ask to know more.

Prepared to give some free help to smaller organisations, but also interested in some paid work too.

2 Likes

The title of this post doesn’t give any indication that this post is actually kinda mostly about Cclite2 :stuck_out_tongue: (but great that you’re working on it again! :slight_smile: )

Indeed, it mentions “Perl, Python, and Maps” but then doesn’t actually say anything about them.

I assume you’ve been following the Open Credit Network stuff @hughbarnard ? Any reason why you’re not trying to contribute to their repository instead? How is Cclite different/ better? :slight_smile:

Also, Sourceforge?!? :stuck_out_tongue: why not on GitLab or GitHub? :slight_smile:

Hi Josef, See below, all the best Hugh

On Tuesday, 23 March 2021 10:29, Josef Davies-Coates via CoTech Community noreply@community.coops.tech wrote:

I’m currently doing a second version of mutual social credit software that i (we) started in 2005:

That gives a quick flavour, ask to know more.

The title of this post doesn’t give any indication that this post is actually kinda mostly about Cclite2

→ Thanks I’ll probably ‘improve’ in a day or two

Indeed, it mentions “Perl, Python, and Maps” but then doesn’t actually say anything about them.

→ As above

I assume you’ve been following the [Open Credit Network]stuff ? Any reason why you’re not trying to contribute to their repository? How is Cclite different/ better?

→ If you look in the Teams section of OCN, I am a small part of it and in touch with the other members. However, there’s very little extant mutual credit software and ‘choice’ is good, good for resilience too. My direction is different, smaller, more motor-like more international (lots of translated templates), less/not wedded to other organisations.

Also, Sourceforge?!?

→ Github is owned by Microsoft now, though I keep a placeholder page on it. Gitlab is a bit too tech-bro for me.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I guess it doesn’t really matter too much where the code lives. But perhaps Gitea? :slight_smile: that seems like a nice light weight option.

Or, you could join Web Architects for £1 and use the GitLab instance at https://git.coop