CoTech at London Tech Week 2019 (June 10th-14th)

Hey,

Last year we hosted a party during London Tech Week branded as CoTech. We had a lot of fun, and it attracted quite a lot of new people. For example, we had a few people from various government departments, big tech companies like Microsoft, start-ups etc. Whilst it didn’t turn into million dollar contracts, we have stayed in touch with some of these people, and got quite a bit of feedback that visitors had never heard of co-ops and were really inspired.

Here at Outlandish we would like to propose to host another party again this year. In addition, we propose to run a session (roundtable?) in the afternoon along the lines of “how to find more meaning in your tech career”.

What do other people think about this? Is there anything that other co-ops would like to see this year?

Last year some co-ops were kind enough to chip in some money to help with the event (there’s a cost to going on the LTW programme for example, plus beer etc). If anyone thinks they might be in a position to help out please let me know.

Link to last year’s thread about the event is here: https://community.coops.tech/t/cotech-at-london-tech-week/

Polly

2 Likes

Brilliant Poly - yes to more partying, and to the session
cheers, Luc from media co-op x

1 Like

Hey Pol,

A roundtable discussion sounds good, I imagine you know some interesting people who could contribute to this discussion? If you don’t need intersting or expert peeps then one of us could be part of this :slight_smile:
I reckon AC would also be happy to chip in £200 or something (can’t remember hw much we gave last time). And hopefully one / some of us would come down as well.

Cheers,

Aaron

1 Like

Thanks @Lucinda

@aaron you’re the most expert and interesting! Think it would be great if you could be at the roundtable. Hopefully if we can show how much we all enjoy our co-ops we’ll set a good example and people will come collaborate.

@polly Go Free Range would be happy to chip in again this year. Let us know when you have an idea of costs.

1 Like

Hi everyone - I’m just picking this up whilst Polly is away in Scotland (lucky lass). London Tech Week 2019 is only a month away and we are looking to move forward on this asap!

Firstly, the format is looking like roundtable and then party here at Space4 on Friday 14 June.

Second: covering the LTW listing and branding costs. Would people be up for chipping in or providing other support again?

@aaron thanks for offering to chip in £200 earlier. Is that still on the table? :smiley: Either way we’d love to see you there!

@Felix, @SzczepanOfAnimorph, @dansmallaxe, @chrisroos, @chrislowis, @jdaviescoates, @BillySmith - you were all great last year at supporting both financially and with wider support. Are you interested again?

In the meantime I’ve reached out to Suma for sponsorship and will be contacting Ouishare and others today. I’ll let you know how it goes on this thread :wink:

Speak soon
Richard

2 Likes

Hi Chris - the event listing cost with LTW is £299 again, drinks last year were ~£750. then there was all the people time of course :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Definitely getting involved, Michal from our co-op has been in touch with Polly regarding working together on turning the dance floor into lava, let’s chat!

1 Like

Okay! I’ll swing by and we can have a talk. Thanks Szczepan!

1 Like

Hi all - our Attending page is up at https://attending.io/events/goodnight-disruption-2-london-tech-week

Please can you register to help get the numbers up before we list it over at London Tech Week and start the main promotion drive? Thanks!

2 Likes

bump Hope you all had a nice weekend. Please don’t forget to register https://attending.io/events/goodnight-disruption-2-london-tech-week :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @RichardE

Sorry for being slow to reply. Agile Collective are happy to put in £200 to support the event and I’ve signed up to attend - I am hoping that others at AC will join as well.

You can send us an invoice to accounts@agile.coop

Cheers,

Aaron

2 Likes

Hi @aaron - that’s awesome, thank you so much!

Richard

1 Like

Hi all - here is the link to the listing on the London Tech Week website, if you need to send it to someone who would be impressed by such a thing:

https://londontechweek.com/event/goodnight-disruption-19-a-london-tech-week-party-social

Also, FYI, on the day before, the LTW team are hosting a Future of Work summit. Worker-owned businesses and cooperation are short on the agenda… Can we troll much? :thinking:

R

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: The skill-sets necessary for running a business/managing a career

It might be worth posting the party to this site:

https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/

1 Like

Yes thanks for the link!

Our amazing designer Diana has made these posters. If you’d like to have your quote on one please send it over. We’ll upload the raw files too so you can use them for your own events/offices etc.

Co-Tech Posters.pdf (804.3 KB)

2 Likes

I took a couple of photos of the posters at last nights party:

IMG_20190614_195501 IMG_20190614_205633

Thanks for the hospitality @polly.