Birmingham Cotech Gathering 15th and 16th June: It's happening!

There was more interest in & around this topic at the workers co-op weekend so glad to see you pushing it forwards once more! I won’t make it but would love to see the notes/outcomes/etc. :100:

1 Like

Hi John, I’m coming up for the Co-ops Uk event on 17/18, would love to meet with the CoTech community during the CoTech Gathering too, but not on the Weds ideally as it means staying 2 more nights. Is there a plenary on Thursday before the ‘decision making’ - I don’t see one.

What I wanted to talk about was does anyone have the skills or inclination to work with Crystalisr to create a fork of Ethereum for the purpose of minting tokens to enable a process of participatory democracy in S. London.

Anyone in need of somewhere to stay during the gathering?

Animorph are arriving late on Tuesday 14th, leaving evening of the Thursday 16th, and have reserved a place for these 2 nights, 25mins walk away from the event space, with lots of single beds and a sofa bed. We have room for 7 more CoTech souls, so please shout me if you want to join us.

1 Like

Amazing, please put me down for a bed @Hannah, thanks!

2 Likes

Certainly @chris! 6 spaces remain…

1 Like

Looking forward to it, see youse on the 15th bright and early…

2 Likes

Sadly no-one from WAO can make it this time around, but enjoy yourselves!

1 Like

Hey Hannah! Could you put me down for a bed please? :blush:

3 Likes

Yes @MelMcNab! 5 spaces remain…

1 Like

Hey everyone - really sorry but we can’t now attend from Dot Project - so wanted to but the timing is just not in our favour this time. Really hope to see some of you, somewhere, soon!

Will anyone have access to a car on Thursday to pick up some DJ equipment for the party?

Could we also please get a bit of a social media boost from everyone in this last weeks run up?

Sorry for the spam but please take a lateral flow test before arriving at the event. This is mandatory. If you can, please take a test on the morning of the second day as well. There will be tests and masks available at the venue.

Generally, at least since the first and second gatherings, as far as I recall, the party has been on the evening of the first full day in order that people can leave late afternoon on the second day to minimise how many nights people have to stop over, for people a long way away they will need to travel on Tuesday and return on Friday, was having the party on Wednesday rather than Thursday considered?

Didn’t know this. Unsure how to proceed. Could try and reschedule for Wednesday night if the DJs and venue are cool with it.

Perhaps check with the venue and the DJs first? Note that the place that Animorph has booked is for the Tuesday and Wednesday evening, so I suspect the people staying there will be partying on Wednesday night in any case…

Ok, we’re going to stick to the existing plan. Sorry if that’s inconvenient for anyone. Party will be at existing time, 6-11pm Thursday 16th.

Little bit of a set back. There is a problem hosting the party at the space on Thursday. Am seeking alternative venue.

Also, need to decide which level of catering we want. It doesn’t really suit a multi day event but I assume they will vary the menu:
https://www.thewarehousecafe.com/catering-menu/

I have worked out catering. Will update the wiki. Just party venue to go now.

Unfortunately, we are going to go way over budget. I estimate generously the event will cost 1700 GBP but I think that’s fine as the money is going to two co-ops and a feminist DJ collective and we have enough in the CoTech fund: