Birmingham Cotech Gathering 15th and 16th June: It's happening!

We need to make sure we book all three spaces we need which are all in the same space but managed by different collectives:

• The Warehouse Cafe
  • The Warehouse meeting rooms
  • The “garden”
3 Likes

Is there a crew of people who will carry out booking and other preparatory work? The Loomio vote passed so the funds are unlocked!

@SzczepanOfAnimorph thanks for the heads-up! @kawaiipunk do you wanna collab on the Warehouse bookings? Or I can do it if you tell me the best human to fire some details at.

1 Like

@KingMob is handling that.

2 Likes

Hello hello, the general circle call is coming up this Wednesday, could we clarify whether the gathering is going ahead (by?) then?

Animorph want to send a few people but we don’t know whether we should book travel and accommodation…

1 Like

I will be there! I’m really concerned that this event is not going to happen.

1 Like

I unfortunately won’t be able to attend, hope those that do have an awesome time :grinning:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the venue is booked, after I filled in the form it said I can consider the venue booked if they don’t contact me

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @liam, great to hear that the venue is booked @KingMob :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to come, perhaps with a couple more from Agile Collective.

3 Likes

Minutes from the monthly call indicate that the gathering is going ahead!

This thread will be edited to give people more information and invite to participate in all ways possible.

Looking forward!

2 Likes

Edited the original post, this is now about the CONFIRMED gathering! Links to wiki page up top

I’d added a session to the timetable for @Sion and @finn to report back from the the Workers Co-op Council on the progress that has been made regarding establishing a new workers co-op federation, workers.coop (hopefully they are able to attend! If not I’m sure we they will be able to brief someone else on this). Should we also invite @athertonjohn ?

@KingMob could you confirm and update the top post / wiki if it is happening on:

• Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th June 2022, 9am-5pm

or

• Thursday 16th and Friday 17th June 2022, 9am-5pm

Because we have contradictory information here and on the wiki!

1 Like

Thank you everybody for all the organising so far! :raised_hands:

I’m hoping to continue the threads being woven at the previous two gatherings on policies, handbooks, and the like.

When the dates are clarified I’ll add two sessions to the timetable:

1. a discussion session on policies (might form a loose agenda of questions…)
  2. a working group session to update the shared resource for co-op policies and handbooks

If you’re interested, please give me a sign :wavy_dash:

1 Like

Hi everyone. Vica here from Co-operatives UK. I’ve met a few of you, but for those that don’t know me, I’ve been running the UnFound Accelerator and generally leading on the work on Platform co-ops. I was wondering if you thought it would be useful for me to come along to the gathering? I don’t want to intrude, so feel free to say if you prefer to limit attendance to members of Co-Tech. I won’t be offended…having been part of various worker co-ops myself, I would totally understand!

I wonder if someone could also clarify if the gathering is happening on the 15th and 16th or the 16th and 17th? This thread says 15th and 16th, but the wiki says Thursday and Friday. (For context Co-operatives UK’s Congress will be on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 June). Thanks!

2 Likes

@Vica you would be most welcome to attend.

1 Like

I’ve updated the agenda on the wiki so it covers Wednesday and Thursday rather than Thursday and Friday.

2 Likes

Thank you Chris, I hope this clears everything up!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll come for the day on Thursday then. Thanks for being so welcoming!

Co-operatives UK would also like to offer to the Co-tech community the bursary rate for Congress.

The bursary rate gives 50% off the standard prices.

Here are some of the sessions the CoTech community might be interested in:

• Joining the dots: How can tech enable a stronger co-operative economy?
  • Fair Play: Can the music industry change?
  • Time to Share: Funding growth for worker and multi-stakeholder coops

You can read the full programme here: Co-op Congress, 17-18 June | Co-operatives UK

To book your ticket with this offer please contact leoni.bamford@uk.coop and say that you are from the Co-Tech community, let her know which ticket (Friday/Saturday or both days) you’d like to book and if your co-op is a member or not of Co-operatives UK (different prices apply).

Looking forward to my first Co-Tech gathering!

Vica

1 Like