Working Group: Comms and Branding (Sheffield Gathering)

Hi again Polly

That’s great you are up for coordinating a working group.
I agree with you it would be fruitful to focus on how we sell ourselves and talk about ourselves externally

We never did a full write-up of the marketing hack in London back in Nov 2018, but in summary:

We started with the ides of rustling up more business for CoTech members, specifically making the website more outward-looking to attract clients

The conclusion was that there’s not currently a mechanism for CoTech to have clients; so the priority is to inspire CoTech members about the possibility of working together by sharing stories of collaboration.

We made some suggestions for updating the website, including case studies of CoTech members collaborating… but the suggested updates weren’t made in the end, and I have to confess that life took over and none of us followed up actively.

Our draft re-vamped content for the ‘what we do’ page is here

We did a quick survey of 9 people at the Co-tech hack in Nov 2018 to try to gather examples of collaboration between co-tech members - we couldn’t find many examples. We also asked what they thought about the current co-tech website
Here’s the results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oK1aB-qyia_Ei2PLsSMrgyJEJ6vEdlBtlYvMJXn5RPI/edit#gid=0

@CatAinsworth shared masses of great stuff she’d created for a pitch by a bunch of Co-tech members to Co-op Group in Jan 2018

Polly I’m still not sure if I can make it to Sheffield next week, but if I’m there I’d love to work with you on this. Luc x