Hypha Worker Co-operative (Hypha) is looking for a Technical Product Manager to work on client projects related to the Decentralized Web. The candidate must be excited about participating in a co-operative building the solidarity economy, while engaging in discussions on rethinking social structures and the politics of technologies that redistribute power.
Hypha Worker Co-operative is a non-profit tech worker co-op based in Tkaronto (Toronto). You can read more about our mission, vision, and values, as well as ways we work together in our organizational handbook. We help organizations and communities redesign their relationships with digital technology through:
- Strategy & coaching
- Technology design & development
- Infrastructure deployment & management
As a remote-first organization that strives toward sustainable livelihoods for all our members, we accommodate flexible schedules and work arrangements. We are committed to the co-operative principles, which provide a pathway for all employees to permanent membership. We are looking to build long-term relationships with contractors who are potentially interested in joining our co-operative as a member in the future. If working openly on value-driven technology is your jam, let’s talk!
As a contractor, you will work with member-workers to deliver on client projects working on the leading edge of new Web3 and distributed protocols.
- Serving in a technical product manager capacity for client projects, including:
- Speaking with stakeholders to gather business and technical requirements
- Leading planning calls
- Supporting the growth of your team
- Managing and executing the vision, scoping, development, and scaling of products within decentralized web ecosystems
- Working with Hypha members to plan and prioritize both internal and external work
Our technical and organizational stack includes:
- Google Docs for writing and developing plans
- GitHub for tracking tasks, workflows, and projects
- Matrix and Element for private team chat
- BigBlueButton for video calls
We know no one checks every box. If you have experience with two or more of these tools, and are curious about the others, please reach out to us.
- 3+ years of technical product management experience delivering products from conception to launch and maturation through an established roadmap
- Well-rounded project management skills
- Ability to balance stakeholder relationships
- Experience in any of these areas is a bonus: governance, DAOs, crypto-economics, dApps, cloud architecture, DevOps, product design, UX
- Ability to shift perspectives and approach problems from the point of view of people using and impacted by the products being built
- Ability to think creatively and didactically about technology, design, and building socio-technical systems
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum software development approaches
- Experience working with, supporting, or contributing to an open source project
- Experience with collaborative development and remote working tools, such as source code repositories, bug trackers, project boards, chat, and videoconferencing
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a distributed team environment, and with collaborators across different time zones
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Clear and compassionate oral, written, and public communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity with alignment on Hypha’s mission and values
Remote position, with a preference for Toronto-based contractors.
CAD$8,000-12,000 per month depending on experience and availability.
Full time (contract) position for one year, starting immediately. Work of up to 32 hours per week (Hypha full time is 4 days per week). Possibility of offer of employment (and eventual and path to membership) after contract term.
To be considered, please submit this form https://forms.gle/bgbVPX1WFLj7yaUK9 with the following:
- Covering statement outlining why you are a fit for the position, this could include:
- Description of a recent project where you demonstrate these skills
- Links to a portfolio or previous work
- Mention of how you heard about this position (e.g., job board, listserv, etc.)
- CV (ideally as a PDF) emailed to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate. Interviewing will start by October 12, 2021.
Hypha acknowledges and strives to reduce barriers for members of equity-seeking groups through our hiring practices, in line with the equal rights and opportunities protected in the Ontario Human Rights Code.