Sheffield 2019: FACTTIC presentation and feedback

Hi everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the opportunity to participate in the Gathering. I am very happy to have been able to participate in your meeting, I feel that I learned a lot from you.

I didn’t have the opportunity to take some minutes, because I preferred to use every possible moment to get to know a new cooperative, to chat for a while and learn about its organizational process.

What I can share (in addition to my gratitude and happiness) is a list of things I put together with the purpose of improving the meetings of our federation, since during our meetings I am more busy participating than observing. I write them here to share ideas, as a suggestion and in case you find them useful, you can use them for your next Gathering :slight_smile:

Here is the list:

• Begin assembling an agenda at least one week in advance of the event. The goal of this is that everyone gets involved in the assembly of the topics to be discussed and the meeting is reached with ideas to propose.

• Name the co-operatives present at the meeting: I think it’s a good way to get to know each other and to know if there are any new co-operatives participating in the event. We usually do this, before we start, everyone present says their name and which co-operative they are from.

• Communicating the event to the outside world: It would be good if other co-operatives learned that there is a group of technology co-operatives, that they are organizing themselves and that they are participating in a meeting in a specific place.

• If the issues are discussed in groups and each group comes to a conclusion, a final minute should be created, with the conclusions of each group.

• Have a facilitator during the assembly to coordinate the participation of those attending.

• Do a retrospective of the gathering through the internal communication media: What did you like the most? What do you think can be improved?

I hope this is helpful.

Also, I would like to share with you the presentation that explains how we organize in FACTTIC to share projects and avoid competition among cooperatives:

Thanks again for everything! We learned a lot from you.

Greetings!

2 Likes

It was a pleasure meeting you and your fellow cooperators, hope our paths will cross again! :blush:

1 Like

All excellent points Nicolas. Thank you!

1 Like

I send you the presentation in a slightly more user-friendly format, so that you don’t have to download the code if you want to watch it again: uk-talk

1 Like

Thanks again Nicolas, hope you recovered OK from your travels!

The notes above are very useful, I will use them to give advice to the next group running a CoTech Gathering, hopefully.
Best wishes
Hasta la vista :slight_smile:

2 Likes