Participants for a research project

Hi

My name is Mike Healy and I work as an independent researcher focused on digital employment. At the moment, I am part of a research team, based at a UK university, looking at dignity and digital work; we have submitted a project proposal for funding and hope to hear the outcome soon. In the meantime, we are looking for participants employed through an online crowd labour organisation such as Upwork with a spread of gender, age and location and who would be available for interview. If the project goes ahead, we would be in a position to pay each interviewee about £50 for their participation. It is not possible to say at the moment the timeline of the research.

I appreciate that you might be busy but I would be grateful if you could forward this email onto people who you think would be interested in participating in this project. Thanks for any help you are able to give with this matter. Anyone interested can contact me using this email address mikehealy2@gmail.com

Have you considered involving our French sister network in the project: https://happy-dev.fr/

They are very similar to CoTech in many ways, but also a lot more similar to Upwork and other employment platforms. They’re awesome. @alexbourlier would be a good person to talk to about it.

I’m happy to do an interview, and don’t need a fee, but I don’t consider myself a crowdworker (I doubt many people working for CoTech co-ops do). Maybe @andyrcroft and @royAB of GuildedSpinters have that platform-like model?

1 Like

Hi Thanks for your helpful comments which I didn’t pick-up before. Sorry about that. I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team. I may come back to you later, if that is ok.