Mentorship: Django Backend Software Development

Hi CoTech!

There is a Django Backend Software Developer mentorship which might interest people (or friends of people) from this group:
https://chaitinschool.org/mentorships/django-backend-software-development/

It’s a new thing I’m trying so I’m not sure how it’ll go, but I have helped a lot of friends to get started and/or learn new things in computer programming so I’m confident that at least some of the things I do for teaching/mentoring people work.

Background:

I’m really interested and want to invest more into computer science and software engineering learning/education/training. To this end, I’m part of a community (Chaitin School) which organises various events around this (one of which is a reading group that meets at SPACE4).

So, another thing I thought might be useful is to have much more focused learning sessions with one person at a time. I was partly inspired from this blog post. I’m working with Python and Django for the last 5-6 years and I believe I can help someone get up to speed with many things in the ecosystem. This mentorship focuses on people who have explored the space a bit but are unsure how to progress. Also, if someone from another language wants to learn how things are done with Python, that would also work.

Open to any feedback for the content of the mentorship page. Maybe there is something else that should be there?

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like