Logos on www.coops.tech

:slight_smile: if only there were some design co-ops in CoTech who could handle this stuff… :wink:

Duplicating the services is naughty though.

2 Likes

To qoute the pop sensation Shaggy “It wasn’t me”. I did see that people had done that stuff, winced and then moved on.

I’m pretty sure Shaggy didn’t say

I did see that people had done that stuff, winced and then moved on.

Unless it’s a reprise released in his old age.

1 Like

Hello

I asked a colleague at lunchtime to look at this but we were hampered as we
had not the original files. I hoped the originator might step in.

We could supply a coherent set if we have authority to replace files.

Btw - these days should we be using .svg files? But that maybe another can
of worms.

Also, is this all academic now the categories have been removed?

Let us know if we can help.

Cheers

Felix

1 Like

We have an issue for that:

I have been adding SVGs to the wiki for future use:

https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/Category:SVG_Logos

But for now use PNGs.

They haven’t been deleted, there are still there but just not visable, once suitable images have been added then they can be made public again :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have had an issue with the size of images on the www.coops.tech site for a while (“Currently there is about 20mb of images downloaded on the homepage”), but in the past we didn’t have a solution:

However now we do, the dev copy of the CoTech site is now setup to serve SVG versions of images if they are available and if the client will accept them. Currently only the Webarchitects logo is a SVG. This is a 14k file rather than a 22k file which drops to 4.6k when compressed on the server before being served.

This is being done by referencing the image without an extension:

And having a .htaccess file to say that the SVG is preferred over the PNG and to GZ when serving it:

Options +MultiViews
AddType image/svg+xml;qs=0.9 svg sgvz
AddType image/png;qs=0.8 png
AddOutputFilter DEFLATE svg

Clients that don’t support SVG images should get the PNG version:

And ones that support SVG images should get this version:

If people have SVG versions of their co-op logo please either post them to this thread or the wiki page above and then ask in this thread for someone to add them to the git repo (or add then directly to the repo).

The other job, which will be quite time consuming, is to produce SVG versions of all the services logos, perhaps this site, which has a lot of Creative Commons licensed images available as SVGs could be used as a source for this.

I’m not sure we need SVG logos for the client and technologies logos since there are issues to delete technologies and delete clients.

Thanks Chris. herewith:

GS_Logo_V1_c_Web_Logo_SVG

1 Like

I’ve uploaded the Cetis LLP SVG logo. Please someone add it to the repo!

Simon

1 Like

Cheers guys, I have added Gildedsplinters to the wiki and both files to the git repo, the results are here:

https://dev.coops.tech/co-op/gildedsplinters

I have only tested this with Firefox so I haven’t made these changes live yet, since Microsoft have decided to ditch their own HTML rendering engine in favour of Google’s I guess we only need to test with Chrome and Firefox these days?

I have added SVG versions for most of the technology logos:

See this issue for more details.

I’ve enabled SVG images for clients and services and added a SVG for Greenpeace in light of this site which has been developed by Outlandish and for which we have provided hosting and DevOps work:

https://plasticfreerivers.org.uk/

2 Likes

Just got an email from @SzczepanOfAnimorph instructing me to upload an SVG to the wiki and post the link here:

https://wiki.coops.tech/w/images/9/92/United_diversity_logo-white_background.svg

Blake House logo here File:BlakeHouseCooperative.svg - CoTech

Thanks!

2 Likes

MediaBlaze Hosts Logo has been uploaded to Wiki at: File:Mediablazehostslogo.svg - CoTech

2 Likes

Hello Chris
Thanks for doing all this.
Please see attached our svg file.
thanks
Felix
wave_logo_tab%402x

@Felix the logo you attached appears to be a blank image?

1 Like

Animorph logo SVG has been uploaded onto the Wiki, thank you Chris!

1 Like

Hi

I’d love to have uploaded this to the wiki as requested, but, uh, how to register on the wiki seems to be, uh, somewhere between undocumented and unachievable.

So – attached here is a drop-in replacement for the Open Data Services logo. Cheers!

ODS_master_K0_bg

Thanks @idlemoor.

The front page of the wiki links to the Infrastructure and Communication page which has:

To create an account on this wiki ask an existing admin to create an account for you by using the create account page (the account creation page only works for wiki admins).

There are a lot of people with administrator access who are able to create accounts for others, I’ll create one for you.

I consumed some time and have successfully crunched through every service currently in the repo. These svgs are (hopefully) syncing to the CoTech NextCloud folder as I type, but let me know if there’s a better place to put them.

1 Like