It's been a year!

So July last year, I first found coops.tech and joined this forum. I was getting ground down a bit with waves hands at world you know.

Well, in the past year, I have continued to develop and learn and so on, and now I’m back to try and network with all of you wonderful people. :smiley:

For a short summary of the last 12 months: More training, more certifications, project managed a couple of internal projects in the company I work for including a finance system and a system pipeline for the onboarding of Higher Education organisations, facilitated a BA cohort and a cybersecurity course, as well as being a Diversity champion and all of the stuff I do outside of work…

It’s been a mostly fun year. I am now on loan to a social security department, but the job is not as described and it has reminded me of how much I wish I were in a WOC.

How are you all? How has your year been?

5 Likes

I’m ok. The past year has had some of the worst days of my professional life and I’ve felt very low at times. But it’s also had a lot of milestones and joyful moments too.

Currently I’m in the process of simplifying my life so I can do more of the stuff I actually want to do. The coop makes this easier because I can negotiate my responsibilities with the other members. Still challenging to think about with the pandemic still going on.

I am still here. I am a more experienced developer, business person and cooperator. I’m not sure my pre-pandemic self would be happy with where I’m at but he’ll have to live with it.

4 Likes

Oh, I completely understand the feeling low. I have a new therapist I am speaking to.

I feel like simplifying life is something that should be done on a regular basis. I am better at giving the advice to do this than actually doing it myself though. lol

:thinking: It’s interesting to think about ‘what would the me of 18 months ago think of who I am now?’ - I may have to put some thought into that over this weekend.

3 Likes