Hello from Belgium

Hello from Belgium

My name is Seth, I’m a British national currently residing in Belgium. I’m a community focused individual, and commit myself to contributing and supporting software, education, and movements favoring the community interest.

I’m a mid-level full-stack developer, and passionate about free and open-source software and firm advocate for privacy. Most of my time goes to developing and contributing to open-source projects or supporting non-profits.

Some things I’ve been up to:

• Maintainer of the Free Programming Books by Free Ebook Foundation (US non-profit).
  • Recently became a volunteer/maintainer of freeCodeCamp (US non-profit).
  • Talking to Fibromyalgia Action UK (charity) and discussing what I could do as a volunteer software engineer.
  • Incorporated Elypia (non-profit), which is a Community Interest Company Limited by Guarantee. It’s a startup that hasn’t achieved much yet, but I hope in future that I’m able to expand it as I gain more experience.

Links:

I joined the community mostly hoping I’d be able to find career opportunities; very keen to move away from primarily benefitting investors, and shift toward non-profits, co-operatives, or charities.

Hi @seth and apologies for the radio silence. We’re glad you’re here :slight_smile:

1 Like