HacktionLab: a gathering and working project for tech activists in the UK

Hey all, HacktionLab is taking place in Sheffield, June 16-18.

HacktionLab is UK tech-activist run project that aims to create regular convergence spaces where activists interested and/or working in the areas of alternative media, renewable energy, on-line video distribution, free software or any other form of activism that utilises technology can get together and plan how to better harness the technology (or not) to support grass roots social movements.

The next HacktionLab event is taking place this Summer at Abbeyfield Park, Pitsmoor, Sheffield from 16th to 18th June 2023!

Anyone who would like to give a talk or lead a workshop or discussion about tech, or any aspect of politics or philosophy that is related to tech, is welcome to do so!

Check out the website for more info.

7 Likes

I’ll be going, so would be happy to see any cotechers there :slight_smile: :heart:

I’ve been involved in setting it up for online participation too, so hopefully that will come off, and you could attend (or present) sessions remotely… and there should then be recordings available for later viewing.

I’ll be doing a session on Adapting the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) model for software? :point_right: Community-Supported Software

5 Likes

Nice one @nick :+1: It’ll be great to catch up :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

@nick Excellent news. :smiley:

I wasn’t planning on attending in-person, but since you’re doing the online participation tools, then i can take part. Got to chew over which idea’s to present. :smiley:

Thank you. :smiley:

Also, on their mailing list they were asking about PA systems.

I offered to loan them a PA for BarnCamp back in 2019, but the whole festie got cancelled.

I’m waiting on their replies, but if they need it this time around, then transport of the hardware would be needed. If anyone is going and has vehicle space available, please drop me a line. :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome. I’m aiming to deliver an online presentation on local autonomous media in the UK based on France’s Mutu model!

2 Likes

I had a reply via their mailing list.

They managed to find a local pa system, so they don’t need mine. :smiley:

Still chewing over the various ideas to present. :smiley:

1 Like

I hope you present! I think I’m the only one delivering virtually as it stands?

1 Like

Yes.

I’m still working on this.

Been sidetracked by my chemotherapy, but i’ll get back on the case. :smiley:

1 Like

I joined last year, but this time I sadly can’t as I am out of UK for the summer. Will try to tune in remote :blush:

3 Likes