Electromagnetic Field (EMF Camp) 2022

Internet to the tent! EMF Camp is back after a 4 year hiatus. Ticket sale dates have been announced: EMF 2022 Ticket Sale Dates and Call for Participation | Electromagnetic Field Blog

I know in previous years there’s been a few people from CoTech. I will be going, although I already have a village.

Description from the website:

Electromagnetic Field is a non-profit UK camping festival for those with an inquisitive mind or an interest in making things: hackers, artists, geeks, crafters, scientists, and engineers.

A temporary town of more than a two thousand like-minded people enjoying a long weekend of talks, performances, and workshops on everything from blacksmithing to biometrics, chiptunes to computer security, high altitude ballooning to lockpicking, origami to democracy, and online privacy to knitting.

To help matters along, we provide fast internet, power to the tent, good beer, and amazing installations, entirely organised by a dedicated team of volunteers.

3 Likes

Rad. Some chat about this on the 'ol matrix channel.

1 Like

We nearly cried last time but see you there this time round! :space_invader:

1 Like

I am going! Got my ticket and everything. Should probably DJ or something.

4 Likes

EMF Camp is in 2 weeks, and tickets are still available!

The call for proposals closes very soon.

I’m planning on organising a tech coops meet, but I won’t put that as a proposal, as I think it can be pretty informal (and doesn’t need to appear on the main schedule).

I will be camped with Poorly Located Prog.

1 Like

I will try to find you @ben.webb.opendata ! Let me know if you finally organise this meet.

Anyone else going? I will be camp in the HacMan village.
Why did nearly cry @SzczepanOfAnimorph ? It’ll be either great or a muddy nightmare :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 of us coming tomorrow, likely to stay unaffiliated unless osmosis takes place, looking forward!

Cool! How does 6pm on the Saturday sound for an informal tech coops meet? Likely to be at the bar.

1 Like

This is tomorrow, meet in the bar at 6. Look for the A4 “coops” logo and my very purple hair.

3 Likes