Domains.coop terminating email and hosting services

I’ll see if I can get that done tomorrow.

1 Like

Well that was easier than I thought it might be thanks to the way the site is set to be generated, I have added a sentence at the top to give it some context and also amended the membership number to 46 (three co-ops haven’t got around to asking for help to add their sites to the CoTech site) and I also added the full name, Co-operative Technologists, and added a meta description, “Four UK based cooperatives are willing and able to take over Domains.coop email and web hosting services.”, is this OK?

Should we wait for a confirmation from GreenNet and Netuxo — only MediaBlaze and Webarchitects have indicated their support for this initiative via this thread…

Would it be worth asking The News Co-op if they would be interested in running a story on this? Or should we write a press release for them? We could add in a COVID-19 angle such as “Webarchitects have have been assisting food co-operatives they host, such as Organic Lea, to upgrade the hosting for their WordPress sites so they can run the latest version of the popular Woocommerce plugin for their online stores.”

1 Like

Brilliant. Thanks Chris

1 Like

It would be good if a tweet could be sent out from the CoTechUK account about this, @harry could you, or anyone else with access to it, do this?

Something like this?

Four @CoTechUK members are able to offer fast provisioning of email and hosting to @DomainsdotCoop clients, @GreenNetISP, @MediaBlazeHosts, @netuxoltd and @webarchcoop Domians.coop « CoTech « Cooperative Technologists Hosting Co-ops

1 Like

That’s right, we do also use ISPConfig,
Thanks for keeping us included! The page looks really good,

Let us know if you need anything or if we can help at all - we have a contacts at Domains.coop (Finn!) and at ica.coop

2 Likes

This is great, thanks @shaun and @athertonjohn :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.uk.coop/newsroom/domainscoop

2 Likes

Response from domains.coop:

Thank you for providing this list. I am aware of 3 of them and I will gladly send the list to any UK based organisations that are looking for new local cooperative service providers.

Much appreciated.

I’m inclined to ask them for a bit more. For example a link to our page. WDYT?

2 Likes

Good idea, go for it.

1 Like