I’ve booked a place for this event in
October May (early bird tickets are available for a few more hours), hopefully it will provide an opportunity to do some co-op / trade union networking and so forth:
A conference on union-coops at Wortley Hall, South Yorkshire on
1-2 October 2021 20-21st May 2022
- How can we ‘build back better’ after Covid-19?
- What can we do to promote democracy in the workplace?
- Do we have to accept the gig economy and precarity?
- Is there a way of creating decent work?
- What can union activists do to fight for decent work and democracy?
- How can workers get control over our daily working lives?
The economy and society are in crisis. Is there anything we can do about unemployment, food poverty, empty commercial properties in our towns and cities, and the disappearance of services?
The event combines guest speakers from trades unions and worker co-ops with interactive, hands on workshops where you will have an opportunity to discuss the ideas in the Union Co-op Manifesto: About | union-coops:uk
A limited number of bursaries are available to individuals under 30 who are unwaged or in insecure low paid employment. Details at: Bursaries | union-coops:uk
Speakers will include:-
- Cheryl Barrott (Co-op Party)
- Miguel Martinez-Lucio (University of Manchester)
- Ian Manborde (Equality & Diversity Organiser – Equity)
- Michael Peck (1worker1vote – USA)
- Ian Wilson (CASE)
- Sion Whellens (Workers Co-op Council)
- Sarah Woolley (Gen Sec BFAWU)
- David Barnard (MU)