CoTech Winter 2019 Gathering : Newcastle

Forgot to mention but Car Parking is available at the Star & Shadow for our use for free over the weekend (Thursday evening - Saturday evening). Beware! It’s a small car park with limited spaces

EDIT: fear not! Car parking is also free in the surrounding area

1 Like

This is correct, I will begin my pub vigil at 6pm today

1 Like

If you want to drink TOMORROW NIGHT, as in, the Friday evening after the first day of the gathering, then you are in luck, as we have negotiated an agreement with the venue hosting us. We can bring in our own beer and wine (which we will be doing), but there’s a stipulation that the beer and wine must be ethical.

Our strategy is that we are buying coop-brand beer, vegan wine, buckfast and havana rum. If people want to buy other stuff from outside the venue and bring it in, I must warn you that the alcoholic ethics checker will be in attendance, and he may want to have a discussion with you about your consumption choices. I think as guests you will have more lee-way than us, but be advised that he does not like “major breweries”.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

1 Like

Hi It’s Maciek from Code Operative I’m upstairs in Head of Steam 15761752642922653496979094239061
I case you are wondering that’s me in the pic above see when I see you :relaxed:

3 Likes

We are now on the move to the second location

Five Swans is shut so we’ve gone to Mile Castle Wetherspoons near Central Station

1 Like

Yo! @SzczepanOfAnimorph and I arrived not long ago and made a beeline for this spot but can’t spy any CoTekkerz…having one for the team anyway, but if you’re still about do shout us!

1 Like

https://etherpad.net/p/CoTech_winter_gathering_2019

Hi you all,
Wish we were with you today, have a great night tonight and we’ll look hearing what you all get up to!
Peace, love and solidarity :fist:

1 Like

IMG_20191213_205322

Band has started, if you’re eating Indian food you’re missing this

1 Like

C’mon, we are starting!

2 Likes

People are still waking up in our household…

Well done to the Newcastle people for making the CoTech gathering so welcome and smooth. Thanks, it was great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for a wonderful few days, it was great to meet people. See you all in 2020!

3 Likes

Great to meet people in person - thanks to organisers! :slight_smile: Have a good holiday and talk soon …

2 Likes

I really really enjoyed the meeting this time. Thank you to everyone for being such great and generous people, and to the organisers in particular! I’m looking forward to taking forward the work, and of course helping with the formation of skills sharing groups. See Skill sharing groups - CoTech and don’t hesitate to ask me if you want any guidance or suggestions. Let’s get the human connections working well and strongly, then we can get back to choosing the tech that best supports them. Human connections – sounds like holiday season! Have a good one and feel free to chat any convenient time.

5 Likes

This was sooooo good! Thank you All who made it happen and/or participated.
Just about to set up a vote on Loomio based on the outcomes of our work at Governance and decision making group.

2 Likes

Sounds like it was great - well done to everyone involved.

On the governance and decision-making proposals, one little add that @aaron reminded me of this morning - a principle of sociocratic decision-making is to try to distribute decisions as far as possible to those who have the information needed to make a decision. I like the idea of the iterative nature of proposal two. And I wonder if it could somehow take account of and discourage the natural tendency to centralise decision-making?

In my view only a very very small number of decisions should ever be made by the whole group.

1 Like

Thank you all for brightening the otherwise dark days last week! Can’t tag people in a GIF on Twitter, so please take this post instead:

4 Likes

Yes thanks a squillion to everyone at Code-Operative and Star and Shadow for hosting. It was great to see everyone - looking forward to the next one already!

And congrat to everyone who is so proactively putting stuff up on Loomio!

2 Likes