CoTech in the Press/Media

Outlandish were on Newsnight this week and @Kayleigh mentions CoTech in the clip, the section starts about 19:45 in (thanks @jdaviescoates for the time) and you can download it using get_iplayer:

get_iplayer --pid=m0004nxx

The dependencies I needed to install on Debian Stretch for get_iplayer:

apt install atomicparsley libmojolicious-perl libperlio-eol-perl \
            libutf8-all-perl libxml-libxml-perl

LiVES (LiVES is a Video Editing System) appears to be the easiest to use video editor that is packaged by Debian, the clip I have edited out is from frame 59708 to 63781, the audio is somewhat out of sync, it has been uploaded to the wiki:

If anyone else would like to do a better edit I could upload the full episode (1.6G as a MP4) somewhere.

2 Likes

Thanks for this! Always bringing CoTech into the convo :muscle:

1 Like

I use OpenShot which is great and I assume relatively easy to install on Debian too (I didn’t have any problems installing it on Ubuntu)

1 Like

The wonderful Hazel Sheffield strikes again. Here is her article about CoTech members Founders and Coders in The Independent:

1 Like

And another Hazel Sheffield article covering an app made by Founders and Coders alumni:

(it’s been cross-posted here if you want to read without signing-up to The Independent Twine: the app helping community businesses prove their worth - Bioreports )

1 Like

Whilst looking for some articles to whack up on the Co-operatives London website I also came across this on Outlandish in Co-op News last December, so sharing here for good measure:

2 Likes

Co-op News also covered the launch of https://www.democraticjobs.coop/ (which I’m pretty sure was knocked together by a CoTech member, right?)

1 Like

It was indeed - the fabulous Glowbox - you do a great job of spotting every single mention of us - you should go into media monitoring!!

2 Likes

Here is another from Co-op News today, it is about Code-operative and CoTech is mentioned at the end:

1 Like