Hi Cat, thanks for sharing the deck and starting this thread.
Myself and Jana & Luke from Small Axe have just had a good phone call about our plans.
Yes please, we’d love to kick off on Thursday with a short presentation from you about your work to date on messaging, identity, values comms and marketing. We appreciate you may not stay in the comms hack, but would love your input to start off with.
We hear there’s another hack group working specifically on updating the Co-Tech website. Since the top job for the Comms hack is website text, there’s obvious overlap. So Small Axe will get in touch with the group working on updating the Co-Tech website and ask if the two groups can join up together for the Thursday morning session.
For the record, here’s my notes on Jana and Luke and I discussed
(Luke, Jana, please update if I forgot stuff)
Join up with website update group
- Find out the plans the website update groupfor the Gathering
- Cat/Dot presentation
- workshop exercise, approx 2 hrs, led by Jana and Luke, on who are the audiences we are trying to reach - who are the people who should be CoTech clients (we’d really like the website update group to join in this exercise)
- Using results from workshop, identify specific pages of text to draft for the website
Comms hack working separately from website update group
- develop elevator pitch for each of the audiences we’ve identified
- break into very small groups to draft text for each page or group
- share and swap drafts to polish them
Aim to end on Thursday with usable new text to give to the website update group
End of Thursday - decide how best to spend the time on Friday
We’ll decide what Comms group does on Friday at the end of Thursday.
If the web text we wrote on Thursday needs more work or polishing or testing - work on the web text
Explore what we can do to make CoTech visible to the audiences we want to reach:
- is there a low-resource way, using the existing social media presence of CoTech members, to make Co-Tech visible on social media ?
- what other channels can we use to reach potential clients ? e.g. how could we use mainstream media ?
We agreed that CoTech branding is ok for now and not a good use of time at this Gathering to start work on branding.
Look forward to see you all at the CoTech gathering