Coops in Logistics

Hi people. I’m doing a research and I’m looking for examples of cooperatives in the logistics sector. Anyone knows one to recommend?

@Patelo checkout CoopCycle

Are you looking for any particular types of cooperatives in the logistic sector?

2 Likes

@Patelo, I note that @char has already mentioned some relevant co-ops here:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I’ve looked to the IOO directory previously. Those projects are certainly innovative but relatively small in scale and age, I was looking more for a national-wide cooperative or federation of cooperatives (Ex.: Mondragon), like a ACI 300 type of coop that already is consolidated in that industrial segment so that I could learn from their experience the contributing factors of such scale, also learning side effects of reaching that scale and mistakes made.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by ACI 300 type of coop? But I was going to suggest perhaps you check the list of the biggest 300 co-ops in the world as per Global300 | ICA (which now I type it, is I think what you mean given ACI is ICA backwards and how I guess it is written in lots of languages :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Haha exactly, ACI was the Spanish acronym. I looked it there too but I didn’t find either. Maybe logistics is not yet that developed in the cooperative movement.

1 Like

I think I remember reading something in Co-operative Advantage, I’ll have to dig out my copy and have a look.

From memory Dial-a-cab are a pretty large co-op of black cabs in London.

https://www.dialacab.co.uk/

1 Like