Any of you used this and have experiences you’d like to share? /have any other tips on finding gigs? Wondering if it’s worth the effort of signing up or not.
Do you have to pay to be listed? Or do they take a cut of any work you get through them?
There’s a free tier and a paid for tier:
6 Free Features and Services
- Company Profile : It’s free to get listed on Clutch and takes 20-minutes or less.
- Client Reviews/Interviews : Submit client references for our team to verify and populate your profile with reviews.
- Marketing Services : Showcase your ratings and reviews with a blog, badge, or widget for your website. (Learn more about marketing opportunities.)
- Contributed Content : Share your thought leadership and expertise by writing for us.
- Leader Awards : Be ranked based on our research methodology and get featured as a Top Company in our monthly press releases.
- Inclusion on Our Sister Websites : Get featured on The Manifest and/or Visual Objects, sister websites owned by Clutch.
We also offer premium options for companies interested in more visibility, extra customer service, and additional marketing opportunities.
The conventional rule is that it is 10 times easier to get business from existing clients than from new ones. That rule suggests that relationships have a lot to do with getting new projects.
Therefore personally I think that a better way to invest one’s limited time is in generating ways to build genuine, mutually trusting relationships with people who might be able to buy your service or refer you.
On the latter point there is a big difference between people who can refer you and those that are genuinely motivated to do so - I’d suggest seeking those out first.