Building the CoTech Community

This article on Building a Discourse Community has lots of good suggestions that we could follow to get the ball rolling:

1 Like

I believe this forum is two years old today :birthday: (or perhaps it was 2 yesterday), I think it has worked well so far, what do others think, are there things we should be doing differently?

1 Like

Ah wow! @chris I’m really grateful that you suggested Discourse two years ago. I’ve enjoyed using it and always recommend our forum to people who want to learn more about CoTech - l think one of my favourite things about it is that it’s public facing and inclusive.

I was going to say that l’ve wondered if there are too many categories, but l just looked at the menu on my phone and think it works quite well! So l don’t have any specific things to suggest in terms of making it better.

Happy birthday community.coops.tech :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks for all you work keeping it up-and-running and spam free Chris, much appreciated!

1 Like

Yeah - thanks @chris and Web Architects - I think this has been one of the most successful initiatives.

are there things we should be doing differently?

I don’t think that posting work (e.g. are any co-ops interested in this contract?) works well here - it’s got the potential to increase competition amongst co-ops.

2 Likes