for our international network APC
Deadline has been extended just for YOU!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Hello dear everyone
We are pleased to share with you this job opening for a (rocking!)
website developer. We would really appreciate your help in sending
this call to people you think would be a great fit for this position.
Please notice that the deadline for applications is
13 April 20 April.
Thank you in advance and we are counting on your help with this!
Job call: APC is looking for a website developer
APC is a global network of civil society organisations whose mission
is to empower and support organisations, social movements and
individuals in and through the use of information and communication
technologies (ICTs) to build strategic communities and initiatives for
the purpose of making meaningful contributions to equitable human
development, social justice, participatory political processes and
*Who we are looking for: *You are an experienced website developer who
works with a range of development languages and has a commitment to
and an understanding of the politics and practice of free and open
source software. You have experience working with international
non-profit organisations and want to be part of APC to work for social
justice, human rights and development with a feminist perspective.
Main purpose of the job: You will be responsible for maintenance of
existing internal and external websites (which currently include
Drupal and WordPress, Tiki and Mediawiki, LimeSurvey, CiviCRM,
MediaGoblin and Etherpad) as well as leading the development and
implementation of new sites, ensuring that these spaces are aligned
with the way APC manages its ecosystem of databases, communication
flows, permission systems and security protocols.
*Deadline for applications:
13 20 April 2018 *
*Start date: Late May 2018 *
*Remuneration and duration of contract: *This is a 0.5 full-time
equivalent (FTE) position contract for an initial 12-month period. The
contract is renewable depending on performance and availability of
funding. There will be a four-month probation period. Remuneration is
based on APC’s salary scale for the position of project coordinator
and a range of USD 30,000 to USD 50,000 (1.0 FTE) depending on
qualifications, experience, location and other factors. Short-listed
candidates will receive specific information on the salary range on
Location: The successful applicant may work from anywhere in the
world provided they have reliable internet access. APC provides an
equipment allowance but requires staff to have and use their own
**Start date: *The successful applicant should be available to begin
as soon as possible, but ideally, no later than 1 June 2018.
*Reporting: *This position requires you to work closely with APC’s
technical, operations and communications teams, reporting to the
technical systems developer.
Essential skills and experience
/The ideal candidate: /
- Wants to be part of a non-profit organisation that works for
social justice, and has experience working with international
organisations with a human rights, development and feminist
- Has an understanding of and commitment to the politics and
practice of free and open source software.
- Is a collaborative team player and feels comfortable working
remotely with people located in different parts of the world and
in different time zones.
- Has at least five years experience in developing websites
(content, structure, look, layout and features) and has basic
skills in and understanding of both graphic design and computer
JQuery and APIs, Apache and Linux, as well as the ability to
gather and refine specifications and requirements.
- Has a solid understanding of how web applications work, including
security, session management, and best development practice.
- Has good responsive design skills and a strong understanding of
usability and accessibility, cross-browser and cross-device
compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Has a very good level of English.
/Additionally, the ideal applicant would also:/
- Have a basic knowledge of relational database systems.
- Have hands-on experience with network analytical tools.
- Have fluency in other languages.
- Be very detail oriented and organised, and have good documentation
How to apply
If you would like to join APC’s tech team as our website developer,
please send an email/cover letter in English, along with your CV, to
/email@example.com/, with the subject line “Website developer”, by*
April 2018, 23.00 UTC*.
- The email/cover letter must include the following information:
- Your name, email, phone, current city of residence, native
language, and gender.
- Why you think you are a great candidate for this position.
- Why you would like to work with APC.
- What relevant personal, activist and/or professional experience
and expertise you have.
- Three references: names, relationship, contact details; at least
one of these should be related to a project that you have worked on.
- Three examples of websites or platforms that you have developed
and that you are most proud of.
- A brief critique of apc.org, afrisig.org or feministinternet.org
in terms of content organisation, design, accessibility, usability
and experience, and any other comments you might want to make.
- Other information you think might be of importance to our
assessment of your application.
/Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted./
APC communications manager