Alert: webinars this eve (Weds 27) and Friday (29 July) on the new worker coop organisation, workers.coop

Copying this thread from the Worker Co-ops Loomio group, please forgive, to alert people to opportunities to hear about, question and discuss forming a new worker co-op federation. Being organised by Cath Muller (Cornerstone Housing/Radical Routes/Platform6) on behalf of the Worker Co-op Council:

The Worker co-op Council brought our plans for a new Worker Co-ops Federation to the worker co-op weekend and got buy-in from those present, as well as starting to make plans for how to get the thing off the ground in a participative way.

*We agreed this needed complementing with a series of online sessions for people who weren’t there to be brought up to speed, kick the tyres on the plan, and be able to get involved.

Next Sessions

• Wed 27th - 6-7 - with me & Matt from Bartleby’s Brewery
  • Fri 29th - 1-2 - with me & someone else tbc

They will all take place on meet.coop - if you haven’t used it before, it’s probably wise to turn up a little bit early to get your audio set up. It is a bit easier to use on a computer than on a phone. I’ll be there 10 minutes early to help.

Meeting link: Worker Co-op Federation

We’ll be referencing both this guide/handbook and the Heads of Terms between CUK and the Worker Co-op Council.

If you can RSVP beforehand by email to workercoopcouncil@riseup.net that will be very helpful.

Please note also that we’re moving discussion of this project away from Loomio and over to the new federation’s new forum: forum.workers.coop

1 Like