Wordpress support for Co-op News

Hi everyone,

Co-op Press, which publishes the Co-op News magazine and www.thenews.coop, is potentially looking for some help with some Wordpress development / ongoing maintenance. Familiarity with Woocommerce / Salesforce integration a bonus too.

We already work with Webarchitects - it would be great to continue working with other co-ops / co-operators.

Would welcome any conversations / thoughts around this.

Thanks
Rebecca

2 Likes

Hi @RebeccaHarvey, just to repeat what I just sent in an email, there is a list of co-ops who work with
WordPress on the CoTech site

The biggest co-ops that do a lot of things with WordPress are probably Outlandish, Wave and graphics.coop – if I were you I’d approach these three with an outline of what you are after and ask for an idea of costs from them to start with.

The code that provisions both the live and development versions of thenews.coop sites is written and maintained by me and can be found here.

We’re also happy to be thrown into the mix (Co-operative Web). We’ve delivered a number of successful WP website with Woocommerce.

2 Likes

I can recommend ragingtrifle.com . John Ossoway and I were fellow members of 3 Mules coop and he was a joy to work with.

1 Like

Hey @JustinHellings are Raging Trifle a co-op, and if so, would they consider joining CoTech? I think it would be great if we could send work that comes to this thread to the orgs that make CoTech, rather than it leaving the co-op movement.

1 Like

ragingtrifle is a one person operation so, alas, not a coop :frowning:

1 Like

Hi all,
GreenNet’s not on that CoTech page, but we do lots of WordPress, big and small projects
(WooCommerce also, but not Salesforce so much!)

Cheers!

1 Like

Huge thanks all! We’ll be getting in touch with everyone who replied. This is very much a long term project, but lots of exciting potential :+1:

1 Like