What hourly rate does your co-op charge your time out at?

At the Webarchitects AGM today we had a brief discussion about our hourly rates (what we charge clients for our time, not what we pay ourselves), currently £60 an hour with reduced rates dropping to £42 an hour for contracted hours, the substantial work this generally covers these days is writing Ansible code to configure Debian servers.

A few people at our AGM suggested that these rates were too low, I suggested that I’d ask on this forum what rates other tech co-ops are charging their time out at… so if anyone is willing to share their rates I’d be interested to hear what they are…

[edited] - just to flag, this forum is public Not that we hide our rates from people, and I’d like to answer your question :slight_smile: - it just feels sensitive to allow random people or organisations to gather info about a lot of us without being part of this network and sharing our values.

I think this topic was discussed at Wortley Hall as well - not sure where the info that resulted lives.

1 Like

Calverts bases its estimates on hourly rates between £80 and £115/hour depending on client/project.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback on this thread, at our last committee meeting Webarchitects agreed to increase our rates from 1st December to £90 per hour for general technical support work and £120 per hour for development work:

Wow @chris! Good for you!
Agile Collective has a standard rate of £650 + VAT per day (7 hours).
If we were to charge £120 per hour, that would put this at £840 +VAT
Maybe Agile Collective should up our rates, but there is always the risk that we might win less work if we increased our rates by that extent.
I look forward to hearing how your new rates work out for Webarchitects in the new year.
All the best,
Finn