Trades Unions & CoTech

I didn’t quite know if I should post about the meeting in a new topic or this one, so I’m linking the new thread here, I hope this is alright!

Hey Harry, did this thought/thread lead anywhere?

I’m currently doing worker with my academic hat on around helping empowering workers, and I’m looking at putting together “tech responses” and training sessions/hackathons/game jams to help workers engage with gig economy platforms. So I’m thinking about the ways that unions could digitalise, but also what resources/tech could help workers, and how we as technologists can educate or transfer skills to no tech workers.

1 Like

Hey @bates_oliver! The Union app is still moving forwards, called Wobbly now, I’d be up for a zoom call if you haven’t perished

3 Likes

@KingMob that sounds up my street! I’ve not perished :slight_smile: I’ve got a a blend of interest in this with both my academic hat on for helping workers (specifically self employed couriers) and my cotech "but we are self-employed members and that’s making Unions confusing to me " hat.

When works for you and others who are interested? Things are all up in the air at the moment for the next week of so as people work out new working schedules.

2 Likes

I’ll send you a direct message now

1 Like