Software Testing Worker Coop?

Hi, I am just curious, is there any worker cooperative that specializes in software testing?

The reason I am asking is 1) I like software testing :smile: and 2) This could be well suited for a worker coop, because of potentially low initial capital requirement and being expected to be truthful about the quality of the software (being able to tell the truth is great for any democratically run organization, I think :smile: )

5 Likes

Good question, the same could apply to pen testing.

1 Like

Yes, good point. And no need for an office or place.
And what about a co-op of ā€˜digital nomadsā€™ ?

1 Like

This is definitely something weā€™d be interested in. We have a dedicated testing team at Co-op Web, which we both use in-house and sell out to clients, however theyā€™re testing from certain level of technical knowledge.

I know thereā€™s companies out there that perform all levels of User Testing, that are great for bigger projects, and would be brilliant if there was a co-op version. Just a couple of weeks ago one of our clients was asking for recommendations in this area, as the company they previously used was bought-out and instantly their rates increased by an extortionate amount.

3 Likes

Glad to hear this! I think (hope :smile: ) the democratic worker coop testers are more familiar with discussions, debates, etc and would be more likely to look at the subjects under test from more diverse angles than the non-coop workers who are just told to ā€œdo the jobā€. Not to mention that anyone who needs ā€œtestingā€ may actually be looking for better approaches to software development - itā€™s just they cannot articulate it and need partners to discuss with.

The other day, someone from civil service in Japan told me that he was genuinely impressed by the quality of work by worker coops. He said they were self-driven and he could not tell who was the ā€œmanagerā€ and who was the ā€œmanagedā€. Although I believe this was in the area of childcare or something but I hope software testing worker coop will be able to impress customers similarly. :smile:

1 Like

HI. Iā€™d be interested in joiningā€¦ a tester of many years experience, looking for a different way of working and looking to do work on projects that make sense. Especially interested in all projects to do with ecology and improvement of the coniditons for living sytems on the planet. Can work full time or part time, ad-hoc, short or longer term.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d be up for this too - I seem to have knack for finding bugs and wotnot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 people seems enough to start with. How do we go about it? Where is everybody based? I am in France.

2 Likes

Ok even if it doesnā€™t end up materializing, I think itā€™s worth sharing thoughts :smile: I am in Japan :smile:

1 Like

Heyā€¦ how cool. We could test around the clockā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the UK (ps you can check where users are on the user map)

2 Likes

thank you for the pointer - didnā€™t look around the site too much, only through these topics here.

2 Likes

So if you would like, we can talk in an open, no pressure, lobby talk manner :smile: in your morning during the weekend, after breakfast :smile: That would be my evening :smile:

2 Likes

sureā€¦ letā€™sā€¦ looking forward to it

2 Likes