SAVE THE DATE: CoTech Gathering Thursday 23rd-Friday 24th September

Yes, I very much hope to be there, I’m not sure that anything will be needed other than a URL for a BigBlueButton room for the event and then opening the URL, using the web browser on the computer that is connected to the screen, camera and microphone?

1 Like

Hello Polly,

I will be coming in person from Creative Coop. All 4 of these sessions above are of interest to us and in particular session 1 and 3.

A point to add that may feed into some of these is that we have found that sometimes clients go to the Cotech site and pick coops to invite to tender and essentially we can end up pitching against each other without even knowing.

Looking forward to next week!
Ben

1 Like

Ahead of the network coordinator session, it would be VERY helpful if people could take 2 minutes to fill in this form: CoTech coordinator survey

Thank you!

Hi Everybody!!
My name is Irene Lopez de Vallejo and next Thursday will join the event to introduce you to DisCO.coop.
DisCO stands for Distributed Cooperative Organisations. It is a multi-layered and a non profit coop, and will give you an overview of both during the CoTech Gathering.
I will join at lunch and look forward very much to engage with you all.
Irene

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you lot in a hybrid mode, many thanks for organising and contributing everyone, such captivating threads! Would love to attend all if time permits, keen to get involved in the network coordinator conversation and maybe add one more session.

Do you start counting from 0? Can’t see on the agenda table, is it on Friday evening?

2 Likes

I suggest we use https://ca.meet.coop/b/chr-lna-sxq for the online access to sessions:

Myself, @jdaviescoates and the Autonomic and Animorph accounts on ca.meet.coop have admin access for this room and if anyone else in CoTech would like to be added to this list please let me know your ca.meet.coop username.

2 Likes

Just added ‘Use cases for Shared Infrastructure’ session for tomorrow 2pm.
Would you like to find out more about Servers.coop initiative? It will be introduced by @3wordchant!
I will support facilitating a discussion about potential ways we all could take advantage of a fully-blown shared infrastructure at CoTech.
Come along!

1 Like

The meet.coop room is open so people can call in for the sessions!

2 Likes

Our massive lunch order is nearly fulfilled, eating in the park.

It is proposed we push all afternoon sessions by half hour, so Shared Infrastructure would starts at 2:30!

1 Like

Thanks for the updates

Thank you for your patience with my ADHD. :smiley:

Being able to attend remotely is useful, though i miss the serendipities and synchronicities of the in-person event.

Following on from the "How can we refer work fairly through the network? " discussions, i could see the contrast between the mutually-supportive co-operative approach, and, the ways that things evolved in the other co-working spaces i have been a part of.

Some of the co-working spaces i have seen were a snake-pit of vipers competing for funding opportunities and market opportunities.

The contrast with the way things are done in Cotech and Space4, is a refreshing and hopeful experience. :smiley:

1 Like

https://pad.riseup.net/p/Cotech_coordinator_circle_proposal-keep

1 Like