Invitation to a roundtable on SME co-operatives with the Shadow Minister for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy

We had the following email today, I don’t think anyone from Webarchitects will make it to London for this but it might be good if one or two London based CoTech people could attend.

Invitation to a roundtable for SME co-operatives with Rebecca Long-Bailey MP

In 2017, Labour’s manifesto committed to doubling the size of the co-operative sector. As part of our work on how to deliver this in government, we are discussing the opportunities and challenges for smaller co-operatives to start-up and grow.

We would love your input — on Tuesday 14th May we are working with Rebecca Long Bailey MP, Shadow Minister for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, to organise a roundtable for SME co-operatives.

The event will focus on your experience of running, starting or working for a smaller co-operative, the regulations and operations running smaller co-operative businesses, barriers on the ground and opportunities to grow.

• Date: Tuesday 14th May
  • Time: 2-3pm

Please let me know if you’re able to attend — or if you can’t make it but another representative from Webarchitects is available then please do pass on the invitation.

Best wishes,
Anna

Anna Birley, Policy Officer, The Co-operative party

If you think you can go send me a private message and I’ll pass on Anna’s contact details.