šŸ‘‹ Introduce yourself!

No, Iā€™m not there on Sunday. I might be there next week but Iā€™ll let you know. Hansen says heā€™s meeting you on Sunday so he can let you know all about our situation.

Hi Ross,

I think we connected on LinkedIn a week or so ago? Sorry for not replying to your message (which I think you sent). Iā€™d be happy to have a chat and point you in some good directions and great to hear your enthusiasm for the coop.

Iā€™m also working on a project that is aiming to help people exactly in your situation so I may have a request fo you as well if thatā€™s OK! Feel free to email me on Aaron[at]agile[dot]coop.

Cheers,

Aaron

Member, Agile Collective

Hey,

Iā€™m Oliver. Member of Cetis. A computer scientist, whoā€™s gone from data science to user centred design in a big way. Confused by my own CV and LinkedIn. Iā€™m broadly interested in projects relating to making life more just, work more fair and society more sustainable. Currently researching ways to support gig economy couriers and developing a project with my co-op to tackle the loneliness of older adults and those without Digital access/literacy during and post COVID-19.

Still looking to make a leap from fixed term academia contracts into co-op work.

@bates_oliver on social media.

Always happy to chat :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, economies of scale.

Weā€™ve developed an idea of a deflation economy effectively permitting purchase discounts enjoyed by buyers at no cost (revenue shortfall) to the merchants offering the discounts - can you beat that! Would love to share!

Hi yā€™all!

Iā€™m Adolfo, a software developer from Portugal increasingly curious about worker co-ops.
Any one in Portugal interested in starting a tech co-op?

5 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™ve been around for a bit but realized I never introduced myself. Iā€™m Mike :wave:. Iā€™m a sort of software developer/aid worker, having just immigrated to the UK from Jordan (and America before that). Iā€™ve recently co-founded a limited by guarantee company called the Federation of Humanitarian Technologists. We aim for it to be a member-run organization (I suppose it already is but we only have two members, both of whom are directors).

Iā€™m interested in building better tools for aid workers and creating a sustainable non-profit tech co-operative that doesnā€™t have to worry about laying off staff every time a donor changes its mind about who it wants to give their money to. I have a lot to learn and often times donā€™t even know what questions to ask so please be patient with me. Iā€™ve had a great time (mostly) lurking here and getting to know the work everyone here has been doing and hope to become a more active member in the future. Please do reach out and say hi if any of this sounds interesting to you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Asia. I work with Good Praxis as BD. New to working in coops but been on this side via initiatives such as Radical Herbalist Network, Crampton 56a, deliberative democracy. Highly itinerant, currently on the Black Isle organising rural community response.

5 Likes

Nice one, Radical Herbalist Network :green_heart:

SĆ­ofŠ³a Tech Worker-Owned Cooperative & Intentional Community
dba SĆ­ofŠ³a Tech Musıc InstŠ³uments

Intentıonal Common Sense foŠ³ Intentıonal Communıty
ā—© Self-Supporting
ā—© Intentional Community
ā—© Worker-Owned Cooperative
ā—© Mixed-Use Built & Natural Space
ā—© Residential-Learning-Light Industry
ā—© Sociocratic aka Dynamic Self-Governance
ā—© Public Benefit or Social Purpose Corporation
ā—© Business Support & Community Infrastructure

I am MuirĆ©n (sounds like moorā€“RAYN), pronouns She, Her, and I identify as African-American Trans, Gender Non-Conforming, Lesbian, Cooperative Enterprise and Product Architect, Advocate for Ecocentric Socially Responsible Technology.

My message is to the literate, deliberate, and thoughtful, those who see frontiers closer to earth as a higher priority than the orbital luxury hotels, interworld cruise ships, and Martian colonies that neo-Liberals fantasise escape to after they have burned this world to the ground, murder-working millions for personal gain.

I am founding a worker-owned cooperative and intentional community with intended development on a mixed-use zoned site (King, Pierce, Thurston Counties ), and incorporated as a For-Profit, Social Purpose Corporation.

Though open to all, this co-creative community will purposefully employ those who identify as members of the Trans, Gender Non-Conforming and Non-Binary community with a specific, clear and unambiguous mission to secure long-term socioeconomic justice for historically excluded people of Indigenous and African Descent.

Self-Supporting by our own efforts, we are devoted to innovative ArtScience products and services, the creation of Music Instruments and Systems, Communications, Performance, Craft, Artisanship, Intellectual Property and Patent Management.

This is not a legal fiction to promote my personal brand nor the use of buzz words like collaborative and collective as meaningless add-copy, but cooperative as a legally binding part of our letters of incorporation.

Economic Democracy for Social Democracy
To Optimize Human Strengths, Accommodate Human Limitations.
Not for the idly curious, serious enquiries only, find more under Intentional Community at HTTPS://SIOFRA.TECH
header_assa_1500x500_siofra-tech

1 Like

Iā€™m Yuliy from an IT security co-op, which isnā€™t a member of CoTech. Iā€™m looking for like-minded people, who work in IT and who are brave enough to form a co-op.

As I can see we still have a deficiency of knowledge in culture and HR areas in our co-op, but we are working on this. For example, we are studying a sociocratic model of governance, evolution of informal organizations, and other related topics.

3 Likes

Hi there (",)

Chris here :wave:

I am a medical doctor, software engineer and independent researcher as well as a co-founder of the SisonkeBiotik machine learning and health research community. This community and a few others related to data science and research in Africa recently formed a collective. We were inspired by the collective structure of CoTech generally and would like to extend an invitation to explore potential avenues of collaboration :earth_africa: :heart:

We were also impressed with how well your network was presented on your website. We have made a fork of your website code for our own collectiveā€™s website https://grassroots-parti.africa/ - it is still mostly under construction and has not been shared widely. However before we can potentially proceed, we werenā€™t able to find any licencing information as part of your code repository :sweat_smile: @chris is this usage of CoTechā€™s code base permitted?

I am also here to apply for your Network Coordinator role.

The job description mentioned that, to apply, one should email CoTech. However, I canā€™t seem to find an email for CoTech and the website generally requests individuals to reach out via this forum. I hope that this introductions thread is satisfactory :raised_hands:

@KingMob please see this link for i) my application / cover letter and ii) my curriculum vitae CoTech application ā€“ Google Drive

Keen to connect on the job application or any general interest around collaboration :heart_hands:

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, @nick did attempt to GPL it but it looks like it is 9 people short so far, however Iā€™d suggest you could assume that it is the GPLv3, itā€™s good to see it being reused :slight_smile: .

Hi @chris thanks! Appreciate that! Going forward I will assume GPLv4 then :ok_hand:

Really liked how straight forward it was to work with. Kudos to those at Glowbox Design, Go Free Range and Outlandish :raised_hands:

1 Like

Greeting from Mexico City,

joined to learn more about tech worker coops and attempt to form a tech development worker coop in Mexico City using copyfarleft ( GitHub - LibreCybernetics/awesome-copyfarleft: [Mirror] Upstream: https://nest.pijul.com/fabian/awesome-copyfarleft / LibreCybernetics Ā· GitHub )

1 Like

Oops, I made a typo, it is of course the GPLv3, there is no v4 yet :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome @fabianhjr ! We have a topic for this if you ever want to discuss issues related to software licenses:

2 Likes

Noted (",) Thanks!

I missed that as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like