Identifying members of CoTech coops?

I think it would be useful and nice (!) to be able to identify people on these forums as members of coops that belong to CoTech. :smile:

I don’t know much at all about Discourse and I have no desire to create lots of extra admin effort, but I wonder whether we could introduce something like a CoTech badge along these lines…?

What do people think?

This seems to already be active, notice you have a little cotech logo in the corner of your profile image, and I have one from https://community.coops.tech/g/Sisters

2 Likes

It was implemented in April, see this thread:

It has been implemented using groups rather than badges, see this post:

The Members list is here, please let me know on the thread above if anyone is missing, I have been trying to add members email domains plus individuals when I notice they are missing.

See this thread for more on the Sisters group that @nick mentioned above:

2 Likes

Oh, brilliant! I hadn’t noticed that - sorry for the noise and thank you for implementing it!

2 Likes

The flair images (CoTech or coops logo) which should be overlaid on users profile avatars when they are CoTech members of members of the Sister Co-operatives groups appears to have stopped working for some people but not others, which is odd, for example Michael and John have them but I don’t and neither does Colm, in fact Michael is the only member who does, I probably need to check the meta.discourse.org forum to see if other people have had this issue — I’m posting this here to remind myself to do this.

I found the answer in this thread and have fixed the issue by ticking “Automatically set as primary group” on the membership settings page for the CoTech group.

1 Like