How do CoTech co-ops manage their payroll and accounting?

Us too.

If you’re signing up to them use our referral link :wink: (then we both get 10% off)

We currently use Sandra at Somerset Co-operative Services who charge very reasonable prices.

But see also this list of Co-op Friendly Accountants Sept 2017.pdf (64.1 KB) from Co-ops UK (there may be a newer version now but can’t actually find that resource on their website).

The Co-ops UK list includes 3 of the 5 mentioned at the end of this Financial literacy for co-ops guide (.pdf), plus 6 more.

In the past Gregory Cohn at Tower Hamlets CDA has also recommended Abell Morliss as it is led by Malcolm Swallow, FCA who is Chair of Tower Hamlets CDA and also Chair of the London Community Credit Union.

So all in I think that is 12 different recommendations! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad that is the case.

I and others I know well have had really terrible experiences with them in the past :frowning: (they once emailed our full accounts to someone completely unrelated to our business in error, but also it generally seemed like they feel like they work primarily for HMRC, not their clients).

I can’t even go into the details of really bad experiences others I’ve know have had but if you’ve used another accountant previously and then want to switch to Green Accountancy, be warned: if they don’t like the way your accounts have been done previously it could cause you a complete nightmare.