Fediverse/Mastodon -> Cooperative?

There’s been some clarification since I posted, that “a formal structure for the Fediverse” means:

a funded foundation to the SocialHub community that takes care of the community empowerment , and doing the chores to encourage collaboration and cooperation , in addition to healthy growth and both internal & external advocacy (having a common voice)

I shared with them @SzczepanOfAnimorph’s work on how we manage the fund, thanks Szczepan for writing up such clear and reusable documentation <3

CoTech isn’t a co-op itself so I wonder are you more referring to a federation / alliance when discussing sociocracy?

Actually I was under the impression that CoTech was a coop and that we (formally) used sociocracy :sweat_smile: maybe something for a new thread, the gathering or the next call? That said I’m quite happy with how it works

murray bookchin

Haha actually I have a cat named after Murray Bookchin …

like Odin drinking wisdom from the fountain that nourishes the World Tree, our science has gained wisdom and Truth (exactness, predictability, manipulability). And like Odin our science has lost an eye as a result, with one-sided vision entailing domination and antagonism, not coequality and harmony. In Norse legends, this “wisdom” leads to Ragnarok, the downfall of the gods and the destruction of the tribal world. In our day, this one-sided “wisdom” is laden with the prospects of nuclear immolation and ecolog­ical catastrophe

Whilst I’m a massive fan of his book the Ecology of Freedom I don’t think that I could confer Democratic Confederalism in an eloquent way. I’m going to read the link you sent but for me it’s still “that thing being implemented in Rojava”… Jump in ! :slight_smile:

The bet made by agonism is that by creating a system in which a pluralism of hegemonies is permitted, it is possible to move from an understanding of the other as an enemy, to the other as a political adversary

I think that in general this is a very productive sentiment to develop, but I do think that fascism is an enemy (like the coronavirus), and I wouldn’t advocate platforming it beyond ex-fascists rehabilitating current fascists into ex-fascists

1 Like