Experimental CoTech self-hosted matrix room

Continuing the discussion from Fediverse, ssb and alt-social media account share thread!

Autonomic is experimenting with Matrix for communications and it seemed that it would be a good time to open that up right now to the broader CoTech network. You can join at the the following URL. Element is an easy to setup and use client to use to connect.

Join cotech:autonomic.zone (see this comment)

We don’t have any XMPP, IRC or other bridges setup and no TURN server for calls but hey, if people want to do that, we can also do that. Again, we’re just trying this out. See you there hopefully!

5 Likes

If I click on that link and allow it open my installed instance of Element, the app then reports that I can’t join the room as there are no known servers: “Failed to join room. No known servers”.

1 Like

Sorry, we borked it. @decentral1se created the room and then left it whilst testing. Yeh, Matrix doesn’t like that. Hang tight for new room address.

2 Likes

How about this one then!

#cooptech:autonomic.zone

Address is #cooptech:autonomic.zone in case the URL invite doesn’t work.

1 Like

Nice nice nice! I’m currently building my own matrix client, so I’ll definitely be joining this server

1 Like

Cool :slight_smile:

We don’t have any XMPP, IRC or other bridges setup and no TURN server for calls but hey, if people want to do that, we can also do that

on Hubl we are using XMPP… We would make the two interropable by setting up a bridge ?

1 Like

Not sure about directly bridging xmpp <> matrix.

matrix.org has a well developed IRC bridge (can use their bridge to Freenode or host your own bridge to any IRC net) then use Biboumi (either one of the public instances, or self host) to join the IRC side of the bridge from XMPP.

1 Like