Don’t despair, organise!: an introduction to Cooperation Kentish Town

This is so awesome. There is talks of setting up a similar initiative in Birmingham. We were so inspired by Cooperation Jackson.

American Climate Rebels Episode 11: Cooperation Jackson: Building a Social and Solidarity Economy

https://invidiou.sh/watch?v=_Nt9Z2P7mPY

I’m sure tech co-ops can play their part! Are any of you working on similar projects in your area?

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, it turns out it’s in the community centre where my son goes to nursery! They have a workshop on the 20th so I’m looking forward to finding out more.

3 Likes

We are talking to them this week about how we can assist. Will feed back when we know more!

2 Likes

I’ll be there on the 20th also

2 Likes

Okay there may be some technical assistance to do, but this meeting needs to happen first…will keep people in the loop.

1 Like

where and when is the event ?? ta

See Starting a Kentish Town Food Co-op for event on 20th, but I note it actually says:

PLEASE NOTE: This event is for local residents only. We will soon post information about a public meeting for people wanting to start a food co-op in other areas.

i.e. they don’t actually want people who don’t live on Ingestre Road and neighbouring estates to attend.

So this event on 27th probably more suitable for people to join:

They could start by ditching their WIX site! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can understand this. Others should start their own project!