Developer, Comedian, Writer & Speaker - Seeking Part-time Work

I hope this is the right place to post this :slight_smile:

From 2009-2014 I worked full-time in software development and part-time in standup comedy. In 2014 I decided to switch to freelance work so I could give more time to the artistic side of my career.

First, I wrote a humorous-helpful book about anxiety and mental health, which led to giving a comedy TED talk on the same topic (which is available to watch at bit.ly/custardTED if you’re interested in that sort of thing).

After that, I started receiving invitations to speak about anxiety at schools, businesses, universities, conferences, and so on. Over the last few years I’ve been giving such talks while I finished a novel, wrote for various websites, tutored maths & physics, and mixed in occasional freelance software work to keep my skills fresh. (Tech-wise, my experience is mainly in C#, .NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, Javascript, but I’ve also worked with Wordpress, Unity, and various other technologies too. It doesn’t take me long to pick up a new technology when required.)

I enjoy everything I’m currently doing, but I would love some extra stability, and so I’m looking for part-time work (ideally 2 days a week) with a company I’m excited about working with. I’m based in the northwest of England, and would prefer remote work, but I would be happy for occasional travel to be part of the role too.

Many of the expired adverts on this board sound perfect for me, and I’m hoping there are more fantastic places out there which would like to make use of my tech, speaking or writing skills - or ideally, all three!

If you know of any such jobs (or of any other places where I might find them!) then I’d love to hear from you :slight_smile: Thanks for reading!