I am facilitating (on a voluntary basis) a CECOP working group on cultural and tech-facilitated shifts in democratic governance praxis in worker and social coops. There is tons to look at, including the adoption/invention of new communication, decision making and project management tools, dynamic governance, etc. So this is a shout out to ask for your pointers/views/knowledge on the subject. If you want more of a lens, I could ask:
- How has the practice of dynamic gov/sociocracy deepened or strengthened democratic culture and/or social inclusion in your/our coops?
- Has tech innovation facilitated advances in democratic culture? How?
- What tech has our coop industrial sector contributed to this deeper/wider democracy?
- How is this changing the narrative about what ‘coop democracy’ actually means, or could mean, in the C21st?
- What vision do you have about the prospects for democractic ownership and management of evolving means of production/communication such as open source, cloud/hosting services, the 5G network?
Short or longer comments/pointers very welcome and also international examples. Thanks!