CoTech Spring 2019 Gathering : 25-26th April in Sheffield

Thanks for that Polly, I also agree and I am happy to shelve the Question Time suggestion, I can see that’s an idea for another type of event. And anyway I’ll be talking about such questions all night in the bar :slight_smile:

So we will have whole-group kick-off at the beginning - including @chrislowis on where CoTech has got to so far, best on Day 1, presumably.?

@Chris points out that the Argentinian visitors will be a major thing, so perhaps they could say a few words to the whole group at that (Day 1) stage?

Summing-up and decision-making rounds at the end of each day sounds fine of course.

3 people including @Naomi and @Dot are wanting to contribute on Climate and Tech, and this being a massive issue, one which people have trouble mentally facing up to, I think that CoTech could usefully get ahead of the curve by hearing a bit about it “first hand” (unfiltered by mainstream media spin or social media algorhythms…) Could they have time to say something, perhaps at the whole-group kick-off at the beginning of Day 2 do you think?

Also; I put on the Spring Gathering [Sheffield 2019 - CoTech wiki] page “The Agenda will be online here when finalised around mid-April” so I’d like to think we can post something there now if that’s OK? And people like @Graham want to plan which day they can be there.

Polly you’ve done most on this, what about putting online at this stage? perhaps only in skeleton form? And with lots of empty space where small group sessions will happen?

:slight_smile:

I’d suggest you come on the Thursday, there is the possibility that some people might be slightly dazed and confused on the Friday due to the party on the Thursday night… :wink:

I’d be interested in a quick session where one person from each co-op has one minute to get up and say, “our co-op is great because we can provide x, y and z services for other co-ops in the network” as a way of raising awareness of what we can do for each other and encouraging more inter-co-operative trading. Perhaps this could happen at the start of the social and be followed by some quick networking before we get too carried away with the party…?

1 Like

I’d be interested in that session @chris [ “Our co-op is great because we can provide x, y and z services for other co-ops in the network”] :slight_smile:

Good point. I’ll plan to be there Thursday. Thx

Anyone arriving in Sheffield the night BEFORE the Gathering?

Wed 24th April - I plan to be in a nearby pub: http://www.devonshirecat.co.uk/ from say 7.30/8pm.

Anyone is welcome to join us.

To help new people I’ll put some kind of Cotech sign on our table in the pub.

Personal message me if a mobile contact number would help your arrangements :slight_smile:

I’ve added a table for the Agenda on the wiki. I guess people who are running sessions can add theirs in there and we can complete it in person when we arrive?

sweet, sounds good @polly

Excellent ta Polly :slight_smile:

I’d added FACTTIC to the intro session, I think it is important that everybody hears something about the tech co-op network in Argentina right at the start so people have time to follow up on things, I hope that is OK.

Thanks for the table. I’ve stuck my proposed session in on the Thursday morning (at least I think I have), and I’m content for it to be moved to another slot on the Thursday if that makes life easier for others. I will only be in Sheffield on Thursday though, so please don’t move it to Friday. Ta.

I have just installed a OpenWrt WiFi router at DINA:

SSID:           CoTech
Passphrase:     sheffield2019 

And we appear to have 19.58 Mb/s down and 0.71 Mb/s up via the Ethernet cable I have run to their BT router.

Hope to see some folk in the Devonshire Cat later on this evening and everybody else from 10am tomorrow at DINA (@jonathan and I are aiming to get here for 9am to move some tables and chairs around, others are also welcome from 9am onwards).

1 Like

Hey you all,
have a great get together, wish we were with you!
Best wishes from GreenNet

1 Like