Barncamp tech activism meetup

At the CoTech gathering I announced that the every-other-yearly outdoor tech & activism festival, Barncamp, will take place in late June this year so long as enough people step up to help

Barncamp is amazing, three to five days camping in the gorgeous Wye Valley whilst discussing tech and activism, with music and cider.

Here is the website for the last one: https://barncamp.org.uk/

If you are interested in coming or even better if you can contribute some energy to the tasks listed here 2019 Tasks - HacktionLab: A UK-wide network tech-activists providing meet-ups, events, workshops, national skillshare gatherings and hacklabs then please reply here or go straight to HacktionLab Info Page and sign up for the mailing list and then post on it

Thank you!

3 Likes

hi @naomi

I have spoken to a couple of friends here to see if they might be able to help but sadly they are either away or feel too busy. I am also away for the next few weeks and have a partial clash that weekend…

I will try one other person who may be up for it and has a van!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks, but I think we are sorted now!

Hopefully see you there

Naomi

D’oh I didn’t read that properly did I, sorry! Well, thanks even more for your efforts to help, given that you can’t make it !

@naomi we have added added an event and a location plugin to this Discourse forum since you started this thread, if you edit the top post now you can add dates and a OSM address.

Hi all

If you would like to come to Barncamp, please can you sign up on the website ASAP? We are arranging catering, and we need to know numbers otherwise you may not get fed!

Cheers

Naomi

Hi,

The web is not working…but the festival looks fab!

I am aiming to come, but also taking care of my mum so might not be able to make it. Let’s see!

2 Likes

BarnCamp 2019 has been cancelled :frowning:

Here is the announcement, part of which says:

We’ve been beset by a number of difficulties, some human and some
technical. For the last few weeks it’s felt as if no sooner had we found
a solution to one problem than another one would appear. In the end,
despite a huge amount of work being put in, we’ve had to admit that
there was just no way to make it work this time.

1 Like